Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Events

Last night I had a knock at my door; it was my neighbor and her mother-in-law. The mother-in-law was looking for a ride for her husband and herself to church (my neighbors aren't members, but the man's parents are.) Of course I couldn't turn them down, which also meant that my debating about whether or not to go to stake conference was over...I was going to sit through all 2 hours without Justin's help with the girls. (better get used to it, eh?)
It really was a blessing for me. I enjoyed our broadcast and the strangers' company. It was pretty neat to see a complete stranger holding Justee and just helping out with the girls in general. They ended up being a huge help, and my girls were really well behaved...It must have been fun for them to have "new" people to sit with at church. The only downside was that Charlee was pretty upset that she wasn't going to get to go to nursery.
In times like today, with so much wickedness and turmoil in the world, it is easy to focus on all the bad out there. It is nice to be reminded that good people, who are trying their hardest to do what is right, do still exist.




After church the girls decorated some snowflakes with glitter:

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That is true, we forget that there is great good out there and focus on bad. Great story! Your girls are so cute with their snowflakes!

Carola said...

I loved the conference and am glad that you were able to enjoy it. I am impressed with the help you got from a person you did not know. It seems to me that Heavenly Father knew how to help both of you.
Nice snowflakes. Cute girls!

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing that story!! It's always good to be reminded about the kindness that exists in our world!! Your girls are getting sooooo big and cute!!

nina said...

Where did you find those snowflakes. Did you make them or buy them? I was just wondering because we are decorating our daycare with them, but I didn't feel like cutting a bunch out if I didn't have too.

ozzmom said...

Oh my goodness I can't beleive how grown up Syd is she looks way different maybe cause her bangs are pulled back or has she never had bangs?