Monday, November 17, 2008

Escapees

After the egg incident, and I thought I made it through my trial of the day, things got a little worse...

I cleaned out the girls' drawers and headed down to the basement to put away the clothes that no longer fit them or the season. I was going through all the clothes, organizing and pulling out the ones that would now fit Char and Justee for winter. While I was doing this, Charlee and Justee were going up and down the stairs and in and out of the house to the backyard. I was used to hearing the door open and close. It was a nice day and they were having fun outside... Until Charlee decided the backyard was no longer fun. She came down and asked if she could go to Jayden's house to play. I told her not right now, I'm almost done and maybe we could set up a time for her to play with Jayden after I was finished.
"But the backyard isn't fun anymore!" she huffed, and then stomped up the stairs.

I was interrupted by a knock on the door not 3 mins later.
I don't get visitors very often, so I immediately knew what was going on.

The lady at the door: "Do you have 2 little girls?"
Me: "Yes." AHHH!
Lady: "They are walking around the corner down that way."
I was feeling like I should explain why I wasn't aware that my monsters had escaped, but instead I headed out the door and around the corner in my pajama pants.
As I called Charlee's name, she came running back to me. Justee followed close behind with one shoe on yelling, "mommy, mommy!"
"What are you doing Charlee?!"
Full of attitude and with a scowl on her face Char replied, "Well, I wanted to go to Jayden's house and YOU wouldn't let me!"
"First of all, you are not even going the right way to Jayden's. Second, you do NOT go out the front door without me!" (I don't know why I felt like I had to tell her she was going the wrong way. Like that was important enough to be my 'first of all'.)

After we got home, I explained to Charlee the dangers of what she did, and then I made her sit on a chair until I told her she could get up. I really didn't get that mad at her because I felt I was more to blame than she was, but as she sat in timeout she mumbled things like, "I hate Mommy. I just like daddy. Daddy is the only nice one. I hate Sydnee, I hate Mommy, I hate Justee. I only like Daddy. I just want Daddy to come home."

I have been really good about locking my front door when we are home because Justee can open it and she has slipped out once before, but I obviously overlooked The Chuck's ability to unlock the door. Ahh! I hope all 4 of us make it through this year. ;)

The day did get a little better when a neighbor brought over a plate of cookies this evening. :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW! Luckily nothing happened. I have a feeling you were high spirited when you were younger!?!?!? Paybacks...I am sure your parents enjoy these stories! Have a great day today!

Vicki said...

I guess yo need to invest in one of those high chains or bolts... I am sure Char could figure it out and get a chair or something, but at least it would make more of a disturbance and you could catch her before she made her get-away.

ozzmom said...

Hey I have a good website for dog toys that last a long time I bought this alligator for our dog Ernie who chewed his toy up the same day we got it. It has lasted more than a year it is made with very tough fabric he has barley gotten stuffing out the nose here is the site I found this toy at Target though so try there.
http://www.shopfatcat.com/instyadogtoy.html
Hope you guys are doing good.

KrIStiN said...

Oh goodness....glad they were ok though and nothing happened to them!! Hope you are having a better day!! My oldest always says those things too when I get mad at her...she only loves her dad...if they only knew sometimes!! GGGRRRR