Saturday, November 8, 2008

Holy Brat!

Sydnee had a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese today, so I thought I'd take Char to get a haircut after we dropped Sydnee off. Charlee does not like the idea of getting her hair cut. She kept telling me that it isn't long enough to get it cut. I have to disagree...when you are getting everything from toothpaste to food caught in it, it is long enough to get it cut. I love Charlee's hair and so I didn't want to cut it too short. I kept assuring Char that we wouldn't get it cut very much. She didn't care...She sat in that chair with her chin to her chest and would not look up. The lady cutting her hair and I kept asking her to look up, but she wouldn't. I had to keep lifting her chin and holding it for a few seconds until Char would force it back down. At one point, the lady told Charlee to "look at your mom." Char closed her eyes tight and lifted her head a little. Now I've seen stubborn before, and I thought Sydnee was stubborn at 3, but never have I seen the likes of Chuck. She is soooo stubborn.
I have no idea where she gets it from.
before and after:

Disciplining your child in public is a lot harder than disciplining at home. It is like a whole other ball game. It is very apparent that children are aware of this as well. As soon as Charlee got home, she turned into a sweet girl again. I didn't have to beg her to stand still for a pic and she even forced a smile without me asking her to. She also suddenly wanted to give me lots of hugs and pretend that the "situation" at the salon did not take place.

I don't know what I am going to do with this girl.
On another note...I told the girls that I was sending Justin a package and if they wanted to draw him a pic, they could. This is a picture Syd drew and a letter she wrote:

I was pretty impressed that she came up with it and drew it all on her own.

7 comments:

KrIStiN said...

Im' jealous I can't get kallie's hair to grow for the life of me!!

Stacey said...

She has a headful of hair, it is beautiful. It looks great. She is your middle one...I am telling you....Brooklyn is our handful! HAHA!

Vicki said...

lol... I can't figure out where she gets it either
It looks good cut :)

Michelle Thompson said...

That Chuck is something else! What a cutie though. I love her hair. That is a great Picture that Syd drew.

Carola said...

Tell Charlee that her hair looks very nice. Also tell Sydnee that I love her picture.
Stubborn? We don't know anyone like that do we?

Teri said...

She must get it from her Grandma Hyde. ;)

Dana said...

I could tell you where she gets it from...hee. :) Sorry I don't check my blog much...I was reading through all yours and saw you tagged me a while back. I'm lame. :)