Friday, November 7, 2008

Something I remembered...

A couple days ago, Sydnee's friend came running into the house from playing outside and informed me, "Charlee just said the 'H' word!"
I was very sceptical, seeing as I was pretty sure Charlee didn't know what the 'H' word was. I called Sydnee and Charlee in and asked what was going on. I have to admit my first thoughts were, if Charlee did say the 'H' word she must have heard it from Sydnee's friend...especially because my girls wouldn't know to call it the 'H' word to begin with.
After some prying I got Charlee to repeat what she had said....
"What the heck?"
Yep, Syd and her friend verified that Charlee had been saying "What the heck?!" all day.

Now, I would hate to sound like there is no way my girls would hear a bad word; (I just knew something didn't sound right about that situation) especially after Sydnee's explosion at Wal-Mart when she was barely 2...I better share this shameful story now too...just so I remember what not to say in front of little kids. ;)

Justin, Syd, and I were walking through Wal-Mart when Justin, for a reason I can't remember, said, "Son of a..." He left the phrase unfinished, but that was ok because Sydnee finished it for him. She excitedly said the last word of that phrase (and it wasn't gun.) Justin and I looked at each other with shocked expressions, and then we busted out laughing...not that it should be funny...
At seeing such a great response to her choice of words, Sydnee began to yell, yes yell, that word over and over and over again. Justin and I made many failed attempts to quiet her...I guess when you are laughing while you say "No, no." and "Stop it, it isn't funny." kids don't take you seriously. After we got control of ourselves, we managed to get Sydnee's mind on something else and she stopped talking about female dogs.
Needless to say Justin and I were both more aware of what we said in front of her from then on.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Your girls are hilarious. I laugh at all of the funny things they say and do. Cherish this time with them. You are a fantastic mother.

Michelle Thompson said...

I say Son of A all the time and once when Jayden was little he was sitting in the high chair and blurted out the last word and we all looked in shock. I still don't know where he heard it and it wasn't funny, but yet it was.

nina said...

That is such a funny story. I would have started laughing too.

Brook said...

That is just too funny! Those are the hardest- when you're laughing so they don't take you seriously! :)It is amazing what kids pick up on! Your girls are so cute!