Thursday, November 6, 2008

Conversation with Chuck

While we were in the car today, Charlee once again asked about her Dad. She has been asking about him for the past 5 or 6 days. I am a little surprised by this because Sydnee is the biggest Daddy's girl and she hasn't asked that much...I think it is because she understands time a little better and knows that it just isn't time for him to come home yet.

Anyway, this is how the conversation went:

C- When is Daddy coming home?
Me- He will be home in 3 weeks.
C- That is a long time huh? Daddy will be gone for a long, long, long time, huh?
Me- Yep, but he will be home in 3 weeks for a few days, and that isn't too far away.
C- I wish Daddy would come home right now.
Me- Daddy wishes he could come home right now too.
C- Does Sydnee wish Daddy would come home right now too?
Me- I'm sure she does.
C- Does Justee wish he would come home?
Me- Yep.
C- Do you want Daddy to come home?
Me- Yep.
C- I just love Daddy. Do you love Daddy?
Me-Yes, I love him a lot.
C- Me too!
Because I included an old pic of Justee yesterday, I thought I'd throw in an old pic of Charlee today. She is 10 months old in this pic. She was such a little chub.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That is a priceless conversation. She is a doll!

Carola said...

So were you!

Emily Asay said...

i love the old pics of your girls, so cute. i remember when charlee was younger, i didn't thinks he looked ANYTHING like Sydnee and I thought that was so weird, but as they get older, they look SO much alike.

Vicki said...

So sweet... I am sure Justin loves to read how his girls love and miss him.