Friday, November 14, 2008

A Fitting Showcase

Last night Sydnee put the first row of stars on our flag. I had a little trouble letting her do it...I wanted to make sure they were all evenly spaced and straight. I quickly decided that the point of this project was to let the girls do it, and it would add to the charm of the flag if they weren't all perfect...So, I let her put them on with minimal coaching.

Charlee added the 29th star today.
Here is the up-to-date flag. I have the blue portion of the flag blocked off, so that the space is saved and the stripes will be kept straight.
.....Only 12 stripes left.....

Last night was Sydnee's 1st grade Showcase. They did a cute little patriotic program.
They sang songs like "God Bless America," "This Land is My Land," "Yankee Doodle," "Lady Liberty," and a few others that I can't think of right now.
Sydnee had a lot of fun and she did a great job, they all did. I videoed it, but I can't put it on until I finalize the disc and it isn't full yet, so I might add it later.


1 comments:

Stacey said...

That is a great project for the girls. You are a great mom! I cannot wait to see the video of the program!