Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snip, Snip, Chop

I'm always complaining about Charlee's hair...things getting caught in it and it getting really tangled, etc.
So, I finally decided I was going to cut it. I was planning on getting a professional to do the cutting, but after a long day of church basketball (in which my YW took second...I keep kicking myself, wondering if I could have done something different...I'm still a little irritated) I didn't feel like going out. SO...I decided to give it a try myself.
This is how long Charlee's hair was before cutting it:

Charlee's hair grows really fast, and I thought that taking 4 inches off wouldn't be that big of a deal. I cut it to the desired length and thought it looked pretty good...then I started cutting Sydnee's hair...Well, while I was cutting Sydnee's, Charlee was cutting Charlee's hair...apparently she didn't think I did a good enough job.
You can see the shorter pieces all throughout her hair:


So...I ended up having to cut it all shorter:



Overall I took off about 7 inches of length...plus I think I will be taking her into a salon...it was hard to go this short and keep it straight. Charlee's hair has not been this short since before she was 18 months old. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I will add more pics tomorrow after I fix her hair...plus I need to add pics of Sydnee's cut.

6 comments:

Lundberg Family said...

I think she looks cute. You did a good job. I think I told you this before, I cut Caitlyn's hair once and will never do it again. I do bangs and that is it. Adessa cut her hair short and I didn't really care for it but just told myself it will grow back!

Justin said...

I can't believe my Chuck has short hair. Her long beautiful hair better be back when I get home! I know it is easier, but I love chuck's hair long. It's gunna be weird her having short hair. I can't believe you took second! What happened, a total meltdown? Oh well, better luck next year. Love you ladies!

Stacey said...

Charlee is adorable...she looks cute and looks in the photos that she loved it. You are very brave doing it yourself! If you don't like it~ it grows back, very quickly!

Bagleys said...

AH! Teri, I think she looks really cute with the short hair! Pretty much, I think she's cute with any haircut...so you can't really go wrong there! :)

Vicki said...

Oh, I am with Justin -- I like Char with long hair. Of course she is cute no matter what...

Carola said...

Charlee looks happy with the shorter haircut so maybe she did want you to take more off.