Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashlee!

I was getting ready to do a post for my sister Ashlee's bday when I noticed Vicki beat me to it...She has some great pics of Ash growing up (click here for her tribute.)

Ashlee is a great sister, she is always giving me great advice (I call her for tips about everything from cooking to what to do for a sick child.) She is a very generous person and would do whatever she could to help someone out. Her kids have it made with a mom like her...I know she might not always feel that way, but it's true. She knows when to let kids be kids and when to wrangle them in. They are always doing fun things as a family and they have some really great holiday traditions that take more time and effort to prepare than the time spent enjoying the work...but the memories will last forever.

I always looked up to Ash when I was growing up. I remember once when she came into my 3rd grade class for (I think it was called Target) the say no to drugs thing back then. All the boys in my class kept telling me how pretty my sister was. She was very patient with me and even took me places with her and her friends (on occasion. :) A big thing I remember about Ash is music...She always was down in her room with the 80's rock blaring. (maybe if she had turned her music down she would have heard me screaming as Vicki and Rob tortured me when my parents were gone. ;) I went through a period where I had heard Sweet Child of Mine so much that it made me want to scream. Ashlee used to let me sleep in her room and color with her. I remember laying on the floor and sharing her cool twistable crayons.

I hope you have a great birthday Ash, you deserve it. I love ya!

1 comments:

Burton Family said...

I guess I can say ditto to the comment I just left on Vicki's blog. You are both too kind. I love you--Ash