Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

Justin sent some pics that were taken during the sked hoist mission he flew. (the one I posted our instant message conversation about... click here to read it.) These pics were taken by Jonanthan Saruk...wanted to give credit where credit is due.

MEDICS MAKING SURE SKED IS SECURE:

US MOVING INTO POSITION:US IN POSITION: (you can see the Chase bird above) SSG CORNELL HOLDING TAG LINE TO KEEP SKED STEADY:

The sked has to be kept steady with a tag line so is doesn't spin because of the rotor winds.SGT ROBERTS RIDING UP WITH THE PATIENT:DAVE, AS WE MOVE INTO POSITIONGOING UP:AND UP:AND UP:

ALMOST THERE:Even though you can't see Justin in any of these pics, I think it is pretty cool knowing that he is the guy holding the chopper steady. ...That is coming from a wife who is pretty proud of him though. ;)
Justin told me about a baby girl he picked up on a mission; she is a nine month old who fell (or was thrown, not sure) into a fire/oven of some kind. She was burned pretty badly, but after medical care, she is fine and is now back with her mother. There is a picture of her and some other fun pictures HERE, on the blog of a friend going through the same trials as I am. Niccole has 3 young boys (just like our family only opposite sex ;) and her husband is a medic in Justin's unit. It is nice to be able to read her blog and find comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one missing my husband.

5 comments:

Niccole said...

These are great pics, Teri! Matt wasn't involved in this mission, but still gives me goosebumps. We have awesome husbands :) Justin is the one holding the helicopter steady and Matt is normally the one dangling out of it and riding up with the patient. I'm so proud of them. Glad you and the girls are all hangin' tough!

Kalli Ko said...

those are great pics. i'm glad your hub is keeping you in the know and is keeping safe.

Justin said...

Great post baby, the ones on the ground are doing the hard stuff and I'm glad I don't have to see what they see, I'm just an ambulance driver. Let Kalli Ko know that I'm proud of her bro and what he does. We were all cheering for him in the Super Bowl, and of course I call him a buddy!

Lundberg Family said...

Awesome photos. I just want to Thank Justin and all those serving along with their wives and family for serving and protecting our country! Justin will have some great stories and pictures to share with your family when he gets home! He continues to be in our prayers! Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen such up close photos of the war, they are amazing yet humbling. Take Care

Stacey said...

Thanks to both you and Justin! What a great post. I look forward to learning what he does. His service is appreciated and your dedication and support is honorable! You are such a great family!