Monday, February 2, 2009

Syd and Char's Room

I have been asked what Sydnee and Charlee's room looks like, and if it is as cute as Justee's....Nope, it is not...but here it is:

Charlee did a great job of decorating her dresser with stickers:

Syd and Chuck share a room. Sydnee will be getting her own room when we finish the basement (when Justin gets home.) She is already very excited about it. Charlee, on the other hand, is not excited. Sydnee was going on and on about how she wanted her room decorated and everything the other night just before bed. The idea of not having Syd in her room must have stuck in Char's head...she kept waking up crying, and when I'd ask her what was wrong, she would say, "Ninny is gone. Ninny isn't in here." After showing her that Syd was sleeping in her bed for the 3rd time, I finally laid Charlee right next to her. She didn't wake up again, so I think that worked. Poor girl, hopefully by the time the move happens, she will be better adjusted to the idea.
-different topic
I love German pancakes; even more importantly, the girls love them. I make them at least once a week for breakfast. After eating a very delicious Apple Pancake at The Pancake House, I realized there may be more I could do with my German pancake recipe. So I decided to try adding a can of apple pie filling to them. All I have to say is that I have a new favorite breakfast. Mmmm......

Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks.

Here is the recipe:
6 eggs
1C flour
1C milk
5T butter

Heat 9x13 pan in 450 oven. While heating, mix milk and flour and a dash of salt. Mix in WELL beaten eggs. When pan is hot add the butter to pan (helps to cut butter into small pieces.) When melted, pour batter in and bake at 425 for 20 min.
If you want to add apples...I just spread the apples from a can of pie filling on top of the batter and then baked for about 25 mins. Top with syrup.

5 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

Ok, please send me the recipe for the German pancakes on my e-mail and I don't care for scouts myself. I actually hated it when Dustin did it and when I had Jayden while I was still in the hospital I was thinking oh, no, scouts again. It is a lot of work and a lot of meetings. Jayson is taking a bigger part this time around though and actually did all the Bobcat with Jayden, so maybe it won't be as bad.

Stacey said...

Where is the recipe for the german pancakes, sweetie? I love the purple!! Great room!

Tracy said...

Looks good!! I love German pancakes too!!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Oh, I will have to try this recipe out. I'm always looking for something new to try.

nina said...

I bet your girls like sharing a room though. I know Kayla and Callie have their own and I put them to bed in their own, but every morning when I wake up they are in the same bed, silly girls!