Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I did this on Facebook, but I decided to put it on here too...why not...nothing better to do with my time...oh wait, yes there is, I just don't want to do any of it.

1. I am very opinionated...I have an opinion about almost everything...If you ask, I will give it to you.
2. Having children has definitely softened me...a lot.
3. I hate things between my toes...I CANNOT wear sandals with straps between the toes.
4. I cut my hair really short in the 4th grade...My dad called me butch and a stranger told me that I was the cutest little boy she had ever seen...umm I'm a girl...at least I'd make an attractive male.
5. I have a horrible sense of direction...I get lost all the time. I feel very anxious when I'm going somewhere I haven't been before...and when I'm going somewhere I have been.
6. Along with #5, I HATE driving in big cities. Busy roads are very scary...and confusing.
7. If I say I am going to do something, I do everything in my power to do it...I dislike flaky people.
8. I love apple flavored candies...they are my fav.
9. I chipped my left front tooth in 1st grade by running up a slide...metal slide versus tooth...slide won...it didn't really hurt and I didn't cry until I showed my teacher and she started laughing...Then in high school the filling (an almost perfect square out of the corner) fell out while eating a big hunk...a teacher (yes his name would be Tony Mullins) asked to see...I said no, you will laugh...he promised not to...I showed him...he laughed...hard...mean teachers. :)
10. I Love to travel and I have been to a few different countries (Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand) and I hope to go to many more. We didn't get to go to Phuket like we had planned because the hotel we booked no longer existed, thanks to the tsunami that hit a week prior to our visit.
11.Justin and I have about 6 states left on our "visit every state together" goal.
12. I hate crying and I avoid doing it...especially in front of people.
13. I really wanted to be a barrel racer when I was young...I saw myself growing up to be a rodeo star.
14. I had scarlet fever when I was 5...I had to be restrained so they could get my IV in.
15. I was one of 5 valedictorians in my class...but I was by far the smartest...sorry Kevin, Nicc, Dana, and Cyrena. ;) jk
16. I am not great at anything, but I can do a lot of things mediocre. Hooray for mediocrity!
17. I love to drink water, and I drink a lot of it, but I am pretty particular about how it tastes.
18. I have always wanted a six pack, but my love of food and general laziness has kept me from obtaining chiseled abs.
19. I'm an animal lover...I have been accused of caring more about animals than people...could be true in a lot of cases.
20. I used to rotate which stuffed animal I slept with because I didn't want the other ones to feel bad.
21. I am not a very good speller, but I don't think that is a reflection of one's intelligence...unless you mix up words like your and you're, to and too, and there and their...then you are an idiot.
22. I am afraid of the water...I can't swim well, and I almost drowned in the Snake River when I was 10...ok maybe I didn't almost drown, but while rafting down it, we stopped to cliff jump...my dad sees that my bro and sis are scared to jump so he says, "Teri will do it. She isn't scared." of course I had to do it...I jumped too far out and into the rapids...I wasn't a good enough swimmer to get back...my parents jumped into the raft to come save their daughter who was screaming for help.
23. I watch entirely too much tv, and I love reality shows...the list of my favorite shows is too long to list.
24. I've never had a sip of alcohol in my entire life.
25. I like to think I'm pretty tough...I didn't have an epidural or any such meds with my first two babies...I chose to have one with my third so that I could have a comparison.

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing. I too hate straps between my toes. I have tried really hard to over come it, but can't. I hate it that I can't wear cute shoes in the summer;)

Vicki said...

I don't think you should give up on the six pack or being a rodeo star ;)

Michelle Thompson said...

Interesting facts. I'm sure Stacey will love the one about Tony laughing at your tooth. I didn't have an epidural with any of my kids. Probably because I didn't want anymore needles than I had to have.

Stacey said...

boosin
I love your story about Tony..he still remembers it and started laughing again when I showed this to him...:)
#5 used to bother me as well...but living on teh east coast cured me of that and now I can drive anywhere! Great post!

Kalli Ko said...

uh i totally wanted to be a barrel racer too. me and my friend had this special spot on our ranch we called cowgirl corner and we'd go practice our moved on my horses.

we were pretty stupid.

and you are tough. and opinionated. great minds think alike.