Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Very Worthwhile Show

I have been watching ABC's Primetime: What Would YOU do? and I have to say that I can't believe how much it has effected me. I have been everything from outraged to saddened to extremely touched by people's compassion. If you haven't seen it, I think it is well worth your time to look into it. I truly think it will change you and how you would react to situations in life.

This show is a hidden camera show of a different kind...it shows people being picked on or mistreated (there are other scenarios as well) all for the purpose of finding out how strangers will react. I like to think that I am a person who stands up for what I believe in, and I hope that I would do the right thing if I ever witnessed any of the things that happen on the show....I think I would have done the right thing in most cases before watching the show, but I know I would now.

So many people look the other way, but it gives me great hope when you see the extraordinary people stop and take action for the good.

Here is a link to a small clip of one of the shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvzj8wyZ9PI

3 comments:

Teish and Tan said...

I was sitting here watching that and thinking Heck yes i would go help a person getting beat up like that. I was thinking of all of the things that i would say. But now that i really actually think about my reaction i would probably be to scared to do anything and just walk away. Haha. I am a wimp.
-tianna

Stacey said...

Could not agree more....love that show!! You are a good person and always have stood up for what you believe in!

Ranee` said...

Thanks for posting this video! It was so cool to see all those people stand up when they saw something wrong going on. I loved the first woman that stepped in and told them to knock it off. You could hear the 'mom' in her tone! Thanks! I wish I had cable so I could watch this show!