Sunday, February 22, 2009

Night with My Girls

Sometimes I start to feel guilty...like I don't spend enough "quality" time with my girls (heaven knows I spend A LOT of time with them, just not quality time.) So yesterday I decided we would have some nice girl-time. After taking Syd and Charlee shopping for Justee's bday presents, (Cherelle watched Justee for me) the four of us spent the evening watching movies and painting toenails...It was a nice relaxing night at home.

Sydnee has started to realize what her dad is doing a little more with time...I think they have talked about war at school a little bit...during parent/teacher conferences her teacher asked me if Justin was going to Iraq. I was a little irritated because I told her teacher before the school year even started what our situation was, and I have talked to her about it on another occasion...I guess when you have 20 students it is had to keep everything straight, but I thought this would be something you would remember...anyway I'm getting off point... Syd's teacher said Sydnee told the class that her dad was going to pick hurt people up in the war. So she wanted to clarify what Syd meant.

Then on Sat., we got home and turned the tv on...it was the news, and it just happened to say that "at least 20 people were killed in Afghanistan today..." That is all Syd needed to hear...She came running into the kitchen to me and said, "Mom! Did you hear that??? Twenty people were killed in Afghanistan! Who were they?" I explained that I didn't know who they were, but we know Daddy is ok because we just talked to him. She gave me a big hug and said, "I really want Daddy to come home. I miss him....I miss wrestling with him."

Here are some pics from our night of "quality" time.
Charlee could not look at the camera and smile at the same time...she was much more into the movie than taking pictures...Syd and I kept laughing at the faces Chuck was making.
Justee was sleeping when we were taking pics, so she didn't get to be part of that fun...I decided to add a few of her so she wouldn't get completely left out.


8 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, that makes me sad hearing how the News affects Sydnee. It is good she understands, but also tough.

I love your idea of having quality time. I have the same problem of having to much time... but not much quality.

KrIStiN said...

ok..how can I say this without sounding totally cheesy? I admire you, you always seem like you guys have such much fun and you guys are always doing something together! I think you are an awesome mom, and I wish I could be half the mom you are, to my girls..

Jill Asay said...

You are such a good mom. I totally understand the whole spend lots of time with them but make it quality time. That's something I need to do more with Carson!

Stacey said...

Great mom awards, yet again!!! You are a positive woman. I admire your strength and attitude! I am sure this affects Syd ore as she figures things out and gets a bit older. She will be fine with you there for her!

Tracy said...

You're an amazing Mom!! Good for you for making time for an extra special night!!

Your girls are growing and changing so fast...very cute!!

Hang in there!! :-)

Justin said...

I miss quality time. I'm so glad you were able to spend some with the girls.Did you wrestle? It looks like they were having fun. I hope syd doesn't grow up on me too fast, or any of them for that matter. I'm glad she is starting to understand, but that means she realizes how long I am gone. I hope you get to spend much more quality time with them, you deserve it!

Vicki said...

too.... I am sure I meant to write "too" not "to"
sometimes I just type too fast

Michelle Thompson said...

Me and my girls had girls day Saturday too. We went to the parade of homes, got a bite to eat, and went to wal mart. Those times are special and not enough of them.