Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Conversations

On our way home from church today, Charlee told me that, "Heavenly Father loves us all the time...even if we do naughty things...He still loves us."


Then Sydnee saw a guy smoking in the car next to us... "Mom, it is really bad to smoke. That guy shouldn't be smoking."
I agreed with her and explained the consequences of smoking briefly. Then Sydnee started to talk about how you shouldn't talk to strangers...not a related topic exactly, but she just had a safety lesson at school where they talked about going to an adult you know if a stranger ever asks you to go with them etc...
Anyway, Syd was talking about what to do if a bad guy/stranger came up to you, and Charlee interrupted with "And if he is smoking he is really bad, but Heavenly Father loves him anyway...and Jesus loves him too!"
Every time I threaten to cut Chuck's hair she has had a fit about it. I think she just doesn't like going to the salon, because when I said I was going to cut it, she was fine with it...and I think she does really like it; especially after today and all the compliments she got. She has been playing with it and swishing it all day. :)




5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love Charlee's hair! It looks great! I have had the same conversations with my kids about the smoking thing...Brenn went up to a guy in Target in Casper and told him.."You smoke..you die" and walked away...haha!

Trisha said...

I've always known that you have beautiful girls, but WOW Charlee's haircut looks great on her! She looks like a super star!! I love having those kinds of conversation with the kids. It always amazes me how they little minds work!! How quickly they grow up!

KrIStiN said...

i love her hair!i'm jealous of it!! ha ha!! it looks so dang cute!you havw the cutest girls

Michelle Thompson said...

I love Charlee's hair. She looks so cute and it will probably be much easier for you to fix and maybe she won't get so many things stuck in it now! Ha Ha

nina said...

Charlee is such a cute girl she looks great with either short or long hair. I think it turned out great!