Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our Current Events

Sydnee
On our way to the gym last night, Syndee yelled out it pure excitement, "Mom, I have a wiggly tooth! It's true! It is wiggly! Look, Look!"
She has been wanting a loose tooth for a long time now. She is always saying stuff about kids at school who have loose teeth or have lost teeth. Now, Sydnee finally has a loose tooth too. It is her bottom right one, and she is very excited.
Charlee
Charlee comes running inside after playing outside on the tramp...
"Mom, Dodoe is a cockadioh and a cock, and he is chasing us."
Me: "Dozer is a crocodile and a what?"
Chuck: "A cockadioh and a COCK!"
Me: "A cock or a crrroc?"
Chuck: "No a COCK!"
Me: "A duck?"
C: "No! You're not wistining! A Cock!"
Me: "Charlee, you need to say is better because you are saying cock."
She and I are both frustrated at this point so she says, "MOM! dey are boo and dey wiv in the wader and dey have one pointy horn."
Me: "They are blue and they live in the water?"
I had to think about it for a minute and then the "horn" hit me. "Oh! You mean a shark?! Dozer is a crocodile and a shark?"
Char: "Yes a cock!"
Me: "Say SH-AR-K."
Char: "C-AR-K."
Charlee has a VERY hard time with her -sh- sound.
Justee
Every night at bedtime, right after prayers, Justee jumps into my lap and says, "Tee top, tee top!"
She wants me to rock her and sing Rock-a-bye Baby. I guess the line about the tree tops is what she remembers most.
Justee is no longer in possession of a sippy cup for 12 hours a day. I have removed all such cups from our house as of Sat. This is a big step and she has definitely showed me how she feels about it. She has cried for her "ippy" at night and in the car, but there is no going back now. It really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be...plus she is eating better since she doesn't have a stomach full of milk all day...and peeing less. The positives outweigh the negatives.
Teri
I like to sit in the steam room after a workout...It is a nice way to relax and get some "alone time." There is rarely anyone else in there and I look forward to my peaceful time in the steam room.
Today was a different story...After a few mins of being in there alone, an elderly lady walked in. She coughed a whole bunch and then walked out...leaving behind a wave of "old-lady" perfume and germs. I was left gagging...seriously, is was a strong and wretched smell. The only way to escape it was to use the washcloth that the gym calls a towel, that barely covers my body as it is, to cover my nose. Once the smell cleared (after several mins) I was able to sit back and start relaxing again...I had my eyes closed when I heard the door open...I took a quick glance in the direction of the noise (because that is what you do when you hear something.) Boy was I sorry I did. A fairly large lady was shutting the door behind herself...Ok, I just mentioned that the towels are tiny (I have decided that the point of their size is to encourage you to workout until you become small enough to be covered up by one...this lady has not reached that point yet) and yes, I would prefer you to cover up your front if you have to choose which part to cover, BUT please point the uncovered part in the opposite direction of my face. Today's visit to the steam room was not as enjoyable as previous visits...

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Ah Ter, you make me laugh

KrIStiN said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Michelle Thompson said...

I love the sauna and that is my favorite part of being at the gym. I haven't experienced the old lady or the large lady yet though.

Kalli Ko said...

too hilarious, kids are the best entertainment

and there's nothing like walking into the locker room at the gym and being assaulted with naked old ladies walking around like it's no big deal. sorry but the last thing i want to see are saggly old boobs with nipples the size of satellite dishes.

Burton Family said...

Maybe the old lady started coughing because of your sweaty stink and warned the other lady to just take a face towel in so she could cover her nose ;-b

Stacey said...

I love, LOVE Charlee!! Love her!!!

Brenda said...

Teri you sure know how to paint a picture.

Tracy said...

You make me laugh! So do your girls!

KrIStiN said...

would love the recipe