Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nothing Much

Sydnee had a dentist app. today...good news...no cavities!
On another note, Sydnee has been quite the handful lately. I usually don't have many problems with her, but for the last couple of weeks she has been a little hard of hearing. It seems like everything I say goes in one ear and out the other. I am not the only one who has been noticing this change either...Sydnee got her first note sent home from school. The reason: being disruptive in class. Now this is Sydnee's first infraction and I don't think I would have come down on her hard at all...what I didn't like is that I found it after she tried to not let me see in her backpack, and then the worst part...She had signed TERI on the signature line. Hmmm did she really think that her first grade handwriting would pass as mine??? Apparently she did. (It's a little funnier now then when I found it.) We had a nice long talk about her recent behavior and not to excuse it, but I think it boils down to her needing some more one-on-one attention. Thanks to Justin's suggestion, I plan to take Syd out to do something fun, just the two of us. We'll see if that helps.

Due to lack of real blogging material...I thought I would post a couple of recent pics Justin sent. These are just from a training session at OE.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love when you post picts from Justin!! Sydnees behavior will iron out! Britt used to sign Tony's name in 3rd grade...and the teacher called Tony(he was still teaching) and said it could have passes if she had not drawn the smiley face next to it!!

Vicki said...

I can't believe she tried to sign your name! Funny thing though... I know your handwriting and I bet a few first graders could pull it off ;)

I think Justin's idea is great.

Abbey Chase said...

That totally made me laugh. It's scary how smart kids are! I'd be happy to take the other girls so you can have some time with Syd. Let me know.