Saturday, March 28, 2009

Benefits of a Blizzard

This is a pic I took on Thurs. (the day it took me an hour to get home from the gym.)



I have to admit...I actually enjoyed the snow the next day.

I enjoyed it even more when I realized that I didn't have to shovel the huge drift that had formed on my driveway because some wonderful members of my Ward did it for me (not sure who all of them were cause I only caught a quick glimpse as they drove away, but I am so grateful for their act of service.)

The girls and I headed out Fri. morning with every intention of making a snow sculpture...once out there I couldn't resist turning a large mound of snow into an even larger mound and having the girls slide down it.

It was Sydnee's idea to get the sled...



Sydnee could have stayed out there all day, and she basically did...I had to force her to come in for dinner when it was getting dark.

wipe out:Charlee went down on the sled a few times...every time she got to the top and I put her on the sled, she would look down and say, "I don't want to go anymore." Being the nice mom that I am...she went anyway. She liked it, but the first look down scared her every time. :) After a while she tired of it and just wanted to play with her beach toys in the snow. As for today...I went shopping with Cherelle and spent...well...let's just say I had fun. :)
After shopping, the wonderful young women that babysat for me, joined the girls and me for a movie: Monsters vs. Aliens. (It was a decent movie.) It was nice to have the extra hands at the theater.
So this has turned out to be a pretty happy weekend...except for this stupid, ugly cake that I made for a school carnival cake-walk that was postponed (unbeknownst to me.)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

What a FUN Mom you are!! Glad you had a GREAT time shopping!! AND...the cake is CUTE!! :-)

Kara said...

You are such a good mom! I just got depressed when the snow showed again.
I love all of the pictures, but my favorite is the one of Syd's wipeout. That smile on her face is priceless. She is such a beautiful girl...as are the other two.
I'm so glad that you are getting out to do somethings on your own and with friends. I bet that's what keeps you sane. I think about you guys all the time and pray that Justin's time away goes fast.

Vicki said...

I am a bit disappointed in your cake effort... so now I don't feel too bad for you that the carnival was cancelled :)
I Love the sledding pics... and am so glad that you didn't have to shovel that huge drift. I am so grateful your ward is so great about looking out for you.

Stacey said...

I am glad you did not have to shovel! I was wondering how that movie was, my kids won't go, but I want to! I am happy that you are getting out and doing things!

Jill Asay said...

Wow...I can't believe all the snow! It looks like you guys sure had fun!

Michelle Thompson said...

I can't believe all that snow. Glad it is you and not me having to deal with it. I am not much of a snow person.