Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snow Day

I have a few things to catch up on...Syd and Char had their last day of swimming yesterday, and I want to post some pics of my parent's house and talk about my stressful morning...
I think I will start with my morning while it is fresh in my mind.


I usually like Spring snow because it is wet and makes great snowmen and it doesn't stay long...Today's snow was different.
I got up and got Syd to school and headed to the gym...after my workout and shower, I picked Char and Justee up from the day care there. As I was walking out the door, I heard a lady saying that she just got a message from her kid's school saying that all the schools were letting the kids out. I had forgotten my cell, so I kind of panicked and hurried out to my car. After all the detours because of closed roads with cars stuck on them (I'm grateful for my 4-wheel drive) and bumper to bumper traffic, it took me an hour and 5 mins to get home...a drive that usually takes 10-15 mins. To make matters worse, Justee screamed for the last half hour of the drive...She wanted me to hold her "put" (foot.) I tried calmly explaining that I needed both hands on the wheel to drive in this sort of weather, but she just didn't get it...so...I had to result to screaming back at her...umm...that didn't really help either.
Once I got home and listened to my messages, I found out that Cherelle had picked Sydnee up along with her son and she was bringing her home...I'm so glad Cherelle was able to help me out.

Now we are all home and drinking a nice cup of cocoa...It is so nice to get to relax for the rest of the day...I need a nap.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad you got home safe! I don't like driving in the snow. How great that Cherelle could pick up Syd! That helps. Wonder what people did before cell phones!

Tracy said...

I just heard on the radio about all the snow Denver and the area is getting. Sounds very stressful. Glad Syd and you all got home safe and sound.

Brook said...

Don't you love those days:)...I hope you got your nap!

ozzmom said...

Justee still needs you to hold her foot? :) That is so funny not for you but she is a funny girl. Glad you had a fun snow day.