Saturday, January 31, 2009

Red Sky at Night...

...Sailor's delight!

Does this qualify as a red sky, or does the actual sky (not clouds) have to appear red in order to please sailors? Hmmm
I'm not quite sure, but we sure were delighted by this sight.
backdoor view:
front door view:
When you have the opportunity to see such a beautiful sunset, you have to sit back and marvel at this incredible world we live in.
I have always had a great appreciation for Astronomy (inherited from my father, I'm sure.) Gazing out into the open sky and admiring the stars has always been a love of mine. I took an Astronomy class in college, and the proven facts that so many scientists dedicate their lives to, only reassured my testimony that their is a God; and it was through his direction that Christ created this Earth. The size of the universe is as hard a concept to grasp as the idea of eternity. The two can only work together. Our Heavenly Father is in control of this and many other worlds. Yes, I believe there is other life out there...not so much in the form of little green aliens, but worlds very similar to ours. Now I know that these clouds colored by the sun setting over the horizon doesn't exactly compare to all the vastness of the universe, but while I was looking at them tonight, that is what came to mind.

Along with my love of the stars, I have always loved looking at clouds and finding shapes in them...Justin can back me up on this. I am always wishing I had my camera with me when I see a perfect shape in the clouds...that is one of my ongoing projects-taking pics of cloud shapes. Anyway, do you see the swan in the pic below? :)

6 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow!!!! That is so beautiful. What a wonderful post.

Lauren said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love them! Way to capture the moment.

Tracy said...

LOVE the pictures and the thoughts!! And yes, I saw the swan!!

Stacey said...

Love the colors and the ones with your girls are way cool! Great post and photos!

Carola said...

What beauty I see in the pictures and what beauty I see in the eye and mind of the one taking the pictures. I am very touched by it all!

Kristin said...

Love them! Especially the ones with the girls' sillouets sp? I love awesome sunsets.....you captured it great.