Friday, January 9, 2009

Gifts from Afghanistan and Princess Dozer

Today was quite the eventful day...the kind of day in which nothing productive gets done.
It started off kind of rough with Syndee refusing to get dressed for school. I had just bought her a new outfit and she didn't like the pants because they were grey. "Grey and pink do not match!" That was her argument. After I told her that if she didn't wear the pants, I was going to return the whole outfit (including the shoes) to the store, she got dressed.
Not a fun way to start the day. At least it got better.
After she got home she told me she was sorry for acting that way and that she liked her new clothes.

While Sydnee was at school, Charlee played dress-up...with Dozer. Charlee came running up to me yelling, "Look at Doedoe mommy!" This is what I saw:
Poor dog bowed his head in shame...then he headed for the door, as if to say, "Get me out of here."I finally got him to look at the camera:Char wanted a pic with him. He was obviously still mad at her.I guess he decided he was defeated and held still.
If Dozer thought the crown was bad...he was in for a surprise...
Not long after the crown incident, Char came running again. "Now look at Doedoe mommy!"
This is what I saw:
This is Dozer running at me like he was pleading for help.
Chuck thought Dozer made a beautiful princess, and Justee kept saying, "Doedoe cute!"
Here is Char taking the dress off. Dozer was very cooperative. :)

The biggest hit of the day was the presents from Justin. After opening the package, I decided to wrap the gifts for each girl. Once Syd got home from school, I let them open them.

Unwrapping:
Yay! Jewelry boxes!

...and necklaces!
Sydnee helping Justee:In true Justee fashion, Justee insisted on having what Charlee had. Char was nice enough to share...for a little while.Justee with her and Char's boxes:Justin sent me a stone vase. It is really pretty and very heavy. I'm not sure what kind of stone it is. I asked Justin for details, so hopefully I will get those soon.
Thank you Baby for the gifts! The girls and I loved them.

8 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What beautiful gifts. I'm sure you will treasure them forever.
Oh, I think the pink and gray outfit is so cute. I'm glad she likes it after all;)

Lundberg Family said...

The dog looked awesome! Our dog is pretty good at letting the kids bug her too! The jewlery boxes are beautiful, I'm sure the girls will cherish them! The vase is beautiful too! Have a great day!

Vicki said...

What cool jewelry boxes and vase. I love the "doedoe" pics :) What a patient dog.

Stacey said...

You know how my dog 'loves' to get dressed. Dozer is a sport! That is too funny. I love the vase. HOw pretty. The girls will love the jewerly boxes for ever with the necklaces. What a great day!

nina said...

That is really special for your girls. It will be nice for them to have something from where their daddy is.

Renae and Keith said...

The gifts are pretty cool! Dozer looked pretty dang cute!

Justin said...

Princess Dozer was Hilarious, how cute. Thanks for wrapping the gifts and taking the pics. I hope they had as much fun opening them as I did looking at the pics. Your vase is made out of marble that's why it is so heavy. LOL

ozzmom said...

I love Princess Dozer Sooo Cute I can't wait to get another bulldog. Or maybe ask Justin if I could just take Dozer?;) Love the vase and jewlery boxes. So when will be your next trip here? Sad I didn't get to visit with you more. Thank you for the bags I love them and so does Ozz.