Friday, January 16, 2009

Storytime with the Chuck

Charlee has always liked being read to and having stories told to her, but lately she has become the storyteller. She likes to make up stories that go something like this:
Char- "Once there was a bootable princess who had a cow...and then guess what happened momma... "
me- "What?"
Char- "Then the cow fell down and he said "OW!"...and then guess what happened momma..."
me- "He broke his leg?"
(When I make actual guesses, Char puts her hand over my mouth and giggles, "No mommy! Let me tell the story")
Char- "Then the cow broke his leg. Then the princess started swimming. She saw lots of fish...and then guess what happened..."
me- "What?"
Char- "Um...The fish swam away really fast...and then guess what happened..."

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Chuck's stories last about 20 mins and I never know what really happened. When she tells me to guess what happens next, I sometimes say, "Everyone lived happily ever after?" and other good endings. It never works, and in fact I think it only makes her lengthen her storyline. As cute as her stories are, I have to admit that I am glad when she finally says "the end." ;) ...but I look forward to the next story she tells...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the creativity in that age. So sweet. I love her pictures. She is sooooo precious!

nina said...

She is so beautiful. And I love her green eyes! She sounds just like my Kayla does when she is telling stories. I have actually gotten to where I tell her that she has 'x' amount of minutes to tell me a story and she has to stick to that timeline. It helps;)

Vicki said...

Those are some great pics of Char!

Renae and Keith said...

Her hair is always been my fav!! I would give anything for those locks!!! I had to pay for em!!!