Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A first

I was cleaning today and I moved a section of our couch in order to vacuum under it...there were a lot of unidentifiable objects under there. After getting everything clean, Justee came up to me saying, "Nose. Nose, momma." I just assumed she needed a tissue, so I told her to go get one.
She brought me the tissue and as I wiped her nose, she said, "Owie, nose." I took a closer look and discovered she had put something up her nose. This to be exact: I am sure it must be a piece of candy of some kind...not sure about what kind exactly. I grabbed a bobby pin that was near by and had to pry the mystery candy out. She must have found it under the couch.
This is my first experience with a child of mine placing foreign objects in their nose, ear or anywhere else.
I was a little too worried about getting it out, and I didn't want to take the time to take a picture of the candy lodged in her left nostril (that would've been a good one though)...I did however take a pic of the object itself, and Justee was not happy about that. She wanted it back. I was worried that she would try to eat it, but luckily when I told her to throw it away, she did just that.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh the JOYS!! Nice picture and it is good that you got it out and did not have to go to the ER!! hahaha :)

Tracy said...

I can sooo relate to this one!! When Dani was around 2 years old, she put a little piece of hard plastic up her nose. It was one of those tiny knobs off of a wood puzzle piece. Who knows how she got it out of the puzzle because we took the rest of the knobs out with pliers!!
ANYWAY, we had to take her to the Dr. and he couldn't get it out. They had to do an emergency surgery to get it out!!! It's FUNNY NOW, not so much then!!! :-)

Glad your experience wasn't too bad!! Some days, huh?!!

Vicki said...

Ewww! Unidentified (maybe candy ) in the nose...
glad you got it out yourself. I think it is funny that you took a picture of it ;)

Lundberg Family said...

Ha! This makes me laugh! Catilyn did that right after I had Brenden. She was 2 1/2 and kept telling me something about a bead. When I finally figured out what she had done I was freaking out. I was trying to plug one nostril and have her blow it out b/c it was just inside but she sniffed up! She wouldn't let me close to her nose with a bobbie pin so I had to call Grandma Lynn and she rescued us! IT was a great memory. Glad it ended successful!