Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas!

The girls and I stayed with my parents for the couple weeks surrounding Christmas. It was nice to be with family over the holidays (even if everyone was busy building houses. ;) We also got to spend some time with Justin's side of the family. The girls had a great time playing with their new toys and their cousins. They were pretty sad when it was time to come back home.

It was hard not having Justin with us, but I'm sure it was harder on him. These are the first pics he has gotten to see...so there will be a lot of them. I decided to make him a DVD of the video I took, so he can watch the girls' reactions. I thought that would be easier than uploading the whole thing (It may be a while, but I will get that to you Babe.)

The girls seemed very happy with all of their presents. One thing Sydnee was concerned about was what she was going to give her sisters. I told her not to worry about it, that this year they just weren't going to get gifts for each other. That really upset her and she started crying, she really wanted to give her sisters something...So, we made a trip to the local dollar store and the girls all picked out something for each other. They each helped me wrap them and they were very excited to show each other the wrapped gifts. I guess that is the lesson you want to teach your kids..."It's better to give than to receive" right?


This is the girls waiting to go see what Santa brought. Justee was the first one up (a little before 8) then she went and woke her sisters up.Santa brought them all Smores the Pony to share.The fam also got Kung Fu Panda, and Elefun from Santa. Rob and his fam got the girls Operation (they have played it over and over.) Shane and his boys got the girls a fun playdough set. My Grandma P. made all of her Grandkids' families little "I spy" jars. (They have over 100 grandkids/great gandkids, and they always do something for us all every year!)
Justee would open a present and then want to play with it for a while. Syd was very excited and kept handing people more presents. Every time she'd try to hand Justee a new one, Justee would push it away until she was done playing with the previous one.
All of Sydnee's loot:


Sydnee got an MP3 player, snow pants, makeup, pixos, and a big coloring book from Santa. She got the whole set of Junie B. Jones books (I'm excited to read those with her...they are cute books.) Her grandma Durtsche knitted clothes for a doll she gave to all the girls, and Syd and Char got matching hats. She got a blanket from Grandma/pa Hyde and some other odds and ends from Justin and I.
Chuck's loot:
Chuck got the "big Gog" she had been asking Santa for, dress-up shoes, a computer cool school, and a big coloring book from Santa. She got a magnetic dress-up bear/bunny thing from Grandma/pa Hyde, pixos and a projector thing. She hasn't gotten to try out the computer thing yet. She keeps asking and I told her I would hook it up as soon as I was done. :)

Justee's loot:
Justee was very excited to show off her new toys. She got a fun new tricycle and coloring book from Santa, a doll with knitted clothes from Grandma D, Dora book from Grandma/pa Hyde, and a ball popper thing (she loves it!)She likes to sit on her trike and push the buttons, but she hasn't gotten the pedaling down.This is the result that lots of playing on Christmas day had on little Rosie:
Thanks to all who helped make our Christmas so great!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the horse! What a great gift they can all share. The picts of your girls gifts is amazing, the older the pile gets more expensive and much smaller....look out!! Great you are home and had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back in action. Love how excited Justee looks.

Niccole said...

WOW! What are you going to do with ALL those presents? Looks like GREAT fun!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas with your families. Next year will be even better;);)
About that horse!!!! My niece has one, and one time when we stayed at their house, I got up in the night to go potty, and the thing started making noises, and moving it's head as I walked by it. It scared me to death. It is cute, and my niece loves it:):) But watch out!!!!

Tracy said...

Looks like FUN and a lot of WORK on your part!! Way to go Santa...that's a lot of hauling back and forth. Your girls are growing so fast and are cuter every time I see them.

Justin said...

Thanks for all the pics babe! The girls looked so happy and cute! I know I got to talk to you, but seeing the pics made me even sadder that I wasn't there to enjoy. I can't wait till next year. LOL

Renae and Keith said...

Your a blogging fanatic hahahaha