Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Puzzle and Gingerbread House

My family has always done a puzzle over the Christmas break. It usually is Vicki and I who do most of the work. This year I knew I would be on my own, so I got what looked like a fairly easy design...
I finished it two days after Christmas. I think my mom put a few pieces in and so did my brother, Rob, when he stopped by.
This is Sydnee putting in the last piece. She really wanted to help the whole time, but it was just too hard for her. I kept giving her pieces that I knew fit. Maybe in a couple years she will be more of a help. ...I guess she did help me find the edges. :)


The other thing I try to do every year is build a gingerbread house. The girls did most of the work this year. Syd and Char each took a side of the roof and went to work.

Justee was pretty content to sit and eat the candy while watching them.
Here is the finished product:Syd's side...she was proud of her pattern.
Char's side:

1 comments:

Stacey said...

You are such a good mom! If you did that puzzle all by yourself(w/ some help from Syd) you are very patient! Great picts of the gingerbread house, too.