Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Visitor

One of my best friends is here to keep me company for a few days. Renae came to help me decorate Justee's bedroom. Justee has been climbing out of her crib for the past couple of months, so I decided it was time to get her a big-girl bed...and why not just make over her whole room?
Renae and I picked out bedding and got all of our painting supplies yesterday. Today we got up and went to Bodypump and then came home to paint. The project was under way for about 30 seconds when I broke the roller (apparently bodypump is working too well. ;) So, we made do with an awful broken roller for the first coat...for coat two we went to the store for a "whole" roller.

Here are some before pics and some mid-progress pics. There is a lot more accessorizing left (and my favorite part still needs to go on the walls) before the after pics can go up.

Renae looks beautiful removing the tape after a long day of hard work:

10 comments:

Vicki said...

I love those colors! Can't wait to see the final result. Can Renae come visit me?

Stacey said...

Brooklyn has a similar color in her room...Love green! Looks fun, can't wit to see the rest! I hope Renae loved her cake! ;-)

nina said...

It turned out so cute! How fun that Renae got to come help.

Emily Asay said...

SOOOOOOOO cute. I love it.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it!!! Natalie has been wanting her bathroom that same color of green. I will have to show her this post.
I love the bedding too. So perfect for a cute little girl;)

Kalli Ko said...

you guys are so lucky to still be such close friends after all this time.

all of my friends from those days...not so much.

Renae and Keith said...

That is a bad pic of me. Just for that, I am not going to help you finish. I am gonna watch tv and eat cake and rice krispie treats hahaha

KrIStiN said...

Her room is turning out very cute! can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure you and renae were wired with all those paint fumes and treats!!

Greg Becky said...

You guys did a great job. Cutest picture when Justee is in there loving it.

Jill Asay said...

Love the new room! Those are the funnest colors!