Thursday, January 8, 2009

B-Ball and Resolutions

Last night my Young Women had their first basketball games. I am coaching, and I have to say that I had a lot of fun. We won both games despite the girls being a little tired in the second game. The girls don't have a lot of experience and some have never really played, but they all try. The age range is pretty spread out when you have 12 year olds playing with 17 year olds. The games are very low scoring; I think the score of our 2nd game was like 22-6. Since the girls need at least 3 shots before one goes in, I feel like KPR yelling "Rebound!" the whole game...I just need to perfect the hands-on-the-hips glare. ;)

I just got home from the gym and people are driving me crazy. Why do so many people start coming to the gym in January? (I know why, I just don't like it.) I've been going regularly to the gym for over a year now (mostly to play volleyball) so I get to say things like this about the newcomers.
I am one of those people who gets comfortable and likes things to be the same every time. There were loads of people I have never seen before in my Body Pump class. I'm glad the girl I go with is always early enough to get our spots in the back. I have a favorite elliptical machine (the one with a space on one side so you only have to worry about someone getting on a machine right next to you on one side, and positioned in front of the TV playing the channel I like) and I have a favorite treadmill. I don't like when there are people everywhere and "my" machines are taken. It's just not right. There are too many people at the gym this time of year. They should stay home and stay out of shape...or join a different gym. ;) At least I know I will get "my" machines back in a couple of months when the numbers die down.
One other thing while I'm on my rant...Why is it when there are a lot of empty machines, someone comes in and decides to get on the one right next to you?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I agree with you 100%! I don't like the 1st of the year when everyone decides they need to join or start using the membership! It gets too crowded and people are NOT nice! I am with you on that!

Brenda said...

Ha,Ha,Teri!!! I remember all that, you better practice the hands on the hip glare in the mirror before your next game. I love your blog, keep stuff coming, since Sarah is a bad blogger. (Love ya, Sar!)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I totally agree. I've been going to our new rec. center since July, and the same thing happened on Monday. I too have my favorite elliptical machine (with a space on one side, and GMA on the TV right in front of me)it was taken everyday this week (except today). So, I had to get on a bike (which I hate). I give them two weeks, and by than hopefully they will all be home eating something!!!!

Vicki said...

Hey, easy now... I didn't join a gym...but I started working out more... and I am not stopping in 2 weeks :)

Kalli Ko said...

dude, i know exactly how you feel. i get all butt hurt when a zillion new people show up in my regular pump class. the teacher even makes fun of me because i make the most horrible faces and complain loudly when people infringe on my space.

it's awful but man i hate it/them. they're just going to drop off in 4 or 5 weeks anyway.