Friday, January 9, 2009

Grandpa Mayes

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Justin's Grandpa passed away just before Christmas. His funeral was in Lovell on Sat. Dec. 20, 2008. I was glad that I could make it up in time to attend. I know Justin would have loved to be able to be there, so I felt good knowing that I could represent him. A lot of family came from out of town, and most of them had terrible roads on the way. It is always nice to see the sacrifices families make for one another. It was a very cold day which made the part of the service at the cemetery very short. I braved the cold just long enough to snap a few fast family pics after the dedication of the grave. I thought Justin would appreciate some pics since he couldn't be there in person.


All of Effie and Onder's children:
Brett, Therill, Aletha (Justin's mom), Anita, Joe, Gary, and Paula. Onder will be missed, but I'm sure he is happy being reunited with his wife.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

What a great post, Teri! That is so special. Great that you could make it! Great photos of all the children as well.

Michelle Thompson said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. It meant a lot to me and I'm sure it will to Justin. I would like a copy of each. Let me know how much it costs please.

Vicki said...

I am sure Justin will be glad to see this pictures Teri.

Justin said...

Thanks so much Babe! I can't believe you took all those pics out in the freezing cold. It means a lot to me and I appreciate it a ton. I Love You!