Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Eve

My sister Ashlee and her husband Gerry had my bro Rob and his wife and kids, and me and my girls over for a night full of fun and games...and food of course. We started in the kitchen and I ate until I could eat no more. (All I did over the holidays was eat. I definitely left with a few extra pounds.)


After the kitchen we moved into the living room (my sis is in the process of moving in, that is why there are boxes and there isn't really any furniture.) Rob was seeing how many times he could kick Gerry in one jump.
Then they decided to jump over each other:What nice hurdle form, eh? ;)Game Time...
We played Outdoor Adventures on their Wii and had a blast.
Early in the night, my parents even joined in on the fun.
My mom thought that by raising her arms it helped her jump over the logs. hehe:) Look at the concentration:

Rob vs. Teri

Before you get the play by play, let me quote one of my favorite scriptures here:

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

The runners are taking their marks: ...and they're off... Boy they are sure giving it their all...It's almost over, and relief is on it's way...Phew...that was a hard fought battle and after 3 straight victories...Teri does the Noble thing...and flaunts her accomplishment in her breathless brother's face.Maybe you'll get a win next year big brother. hahaha

Rob decided he better take on an easier opponent...
Actually I don't think Gerry and I raced, so that statement hasn't been proven...yet
Jennifer and Gerry:
Rob and Jennifer: Ash takes on Ger:

The kids had a lot of fun too. This isn't all of them, but these girls were playing by this cool little doorway into the playroom and I snapped a couple of pics. TL to BR is Karlee, Allie, Hailee, and Sydnee.
Rob and Jennifer left a little after 1 am. Sydnee and Allie stayed up the longest. Allie fell asleep a little after 2 and Syndee didn't last much longer.

Ash, Ger and I stayed up until 3:30, I think. After a huge laugh attack on the part of Ash and I we called it a night. We decided that when you start laughing uncontrollably at anything and everything, and your eyes are burning and you can't see the TV screen, it is time to hit the sack.
One last pic of Gerry breaking a sweat during Wii play. That game really gives you some exercise...I'm definitely planning on investing in one. This New Year's Eve wasn't as eventful as previous ones; Justin wasn't there and I kept thinking about how much more fun it would be to have him join the festivities. At least we weren't subjected to any midnight streaking. :) I guess there's always next year.

8 comments:

Lundberg Family said...

It looks like you had a great trip home. We too love the Wii. Craig and I tried to battle on the Outdoor adventures game but he kept getting in my space and I couldn't stay on the controllers...excuses excuses. I will have to be better. Glad you had fun. Hope Justin is doing well. If you are ever in Lovell on Thurs after Jan 15th stop by the Middle school after 8 pm for some hoops!

Emily Asay said...

i'm glad u guys had so much fun--i woulda paid $$ to see bishop hyde on the wii :)

Stacey said...

Looks like you had a ball...lots of people to challenge! Great New Years Eve! New memories are always fun.

Kalli Ko said...

what, the teri i knew competitive? no, not her!

Ranee` said...

You are so good at taking pictures. I feel like such a slacker...!

Tracy said...

It looks like a ton of fun!! You actually got a picture of you Dad!! :-) I'm sad that Ashley and her family are no longer in our ward, but happy for them they're in their new home!!
Thanks for sharing your FUN life! :-)

Vicki said...

Those hurdling pics look dangerous :)
I think it is funny that Rob couldn't beat you.
Love the flaunting pic

Michelle Thompson said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I ate the whole Holiday too and am now paying the price! Can you say DIET?