Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Program

Why did I spend time helping Sydnee to memorize her primary program part (For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children. (2 Nephi 4:15)) when she was just going to stand up there and let her lines be fed to her piece by piece? She had it memorized perfectly...Oh well, at least she can say it for her dad on the phone.

Last night, while on the phone with Justin, I was telling him about my "problem." My "problem" goes by the name of Justee. Justee has really started to get into EVERYTHING! I can't turn my back on that girl without her getting into something she shouldn't. As I was saying goodbye to Justin, I looked down at Justee...She had a glue stick and was putting it on her lips like it was chap stick. I should say she was putting it on her face like it was chap stick. She had just had a bath and her legs and hands were covered in marker and her hair and face were covered with glue. ahh!

Charlee has quite a bit of hair and it gets sooo tangled at night. That girl is a rough sleeper. While I was trying to comb through the crazy mop, I suggested a haircut. (I do this periodically, but I don't think I could bring myself to cut her hair, not more than a couple inches anyway.) Charlee informed me, with attitude, that "Daddy said my hair is supposed to be long and when it gets long, I don't need a haircut. That's what Daddy said!" Who lied to this girl and told her Daddy is in charge?

After church Charlee asked when Daddy was coming home. This is the first time any of them has asked since he left last Sun. I guess they are used to him being gone a week at a time, but now they want him home. Only 4 1/2 weeks left. At least this next week should go by pretty fast with Halloween and all it's surrounding activities.

3 comments:

KrIStiN said...

I am actually glad that you told the story of Justee and the glue, that's EXACTLy what Kennadee does! It is madded in her hair and everything, and then it is stuck to her face, sometimes (oh this is mean) I wish it would glue her mouth shut! ha ha..okay..that was mean, but maybe it would teach them a lesson that it's GLUE and not CHAPSTICK!!

Carola said...

I am impressed that Sydnee could memorize that part as it seems difficult to say, especially in front of an audience.

Stacey said...

You have your hands full!! Enjoy it, as hard as it is sometimes, they will be grown up so fast! I love reading what all your girls do!