Saturday, October 25, 2008

Loving Ourselves and Others

The YW lesson for tomorrow is about "Loving Ourselves and Others."
I found a cute idea for a handout online with rubber duckies (in essence of the "Ugly Duckling".) I saw these wood cutout ducks at Hobby Lobby and thought they were even cuter. I attached the Mormonad that reads:
"Reflect on this: You are a child of God. With his help, you can reach your great potential. (See Romans 8:16-17.)"
I wasn't going to bring any other treats this time, then I remembered it was the last Sunday before Halloween. I can't let Halloween go by without doing something fun for it. So I filled these goody bags with gingersnaps (Justin's favorite so I can send him some too) and some other Halloween goodies.

The cute duck and the jack-o-lantern go together so nicely. ;)

3 comments:

Carola said...

How clever and cute and what a great message. I wish I had some thing for my lesson rather than just me up there.

Tracy said...

LOVE it!! Great idea!! A message we all need!!!!!!

Lundberg Family said...

That is so great! Somedays I wished we didn't live in Lovell. I tried to do something clever for my mother in-laws b-day and couldn't find what I needed here, in Powell, or Cody. I had to go to Billings! It would be nice to have it just down the streat. Hobby lobby is an awesome store. You did a great job, I bet the YW love you. I am in Primary...it's good though! Have a great Sunday!