Thursday, October 30, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

Yesterday was busy with Sydnee's school Halloween party and PTC. They have the kids walk through all the other classrooms in the school in their costumes. Then they return to their own rooms and have a party. I didn't get any good pics of Sydnee with Charlee and Justee keeping me on my toes, but here is a pic of her class. She is in the middle back area of the pic.

Sydnee is going to be a skeleton for Halloween and I didn't mind not getting pics at the school because I can get some tonight (Trunk or Treat) and tomorrow night.

After school I went back to talk to Syd's teacher. She said Sydnee is doing great. She is above grade level in every area but 3.(the grading system for 1st grade is like 'below grade, at grade, or above grade level, basically. There are a few in betweens, but that's the main idea.) Two of those things she is right at grade level and they are: Participates in class- her teacher said she is very quiet and doesn't say much. Completes work on time- her teacher said she isn't daydreaming or messing around. She is working the whole time, but she has to have things just right before she moves on. The one area that she is just under grade level is math. I have never really worked with math with her, so it makes sense. I guess we will have to start doing some at home. Overall, I am proud of Syd. Her reading has gotten really good really quickly and she is a great kid. Her teacher said she has lots of friends and is very respectful. I always got called "a good leader" I knew, even as a 7 year old in elementary, that that was just a nice way of saying I was bossy. ;) Sydnee's quite a bit quieter than I was.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats, to Syd on her grades! Iam glad they can celebrate Halloween in CO. There is nothing in the schools here for Halloween, they have a Fall festival the week before T-giving. No decorations or parties at school...my kids are so bummed! Enjoy trick or treating!

Michelle Thompson said...

Syd is a really good girl. She was so good while at our house. It is always so nice to get good comments about your kids.

Brenda said...

Teri you make me laugh!! And good job Syd on your grades!