Saturday, October 11, 2008

My favorite Holiday (well one of them)

I guess I can't stop time, so I might as well enjoy what I can for the time being.

I usually decorate for Halloween on Oct. 1st. I like to have the whole month of Oct. to enjoy my Halloween decor. This year it has been hard to accept that it is already Oct. and Justin leaves in a week. (My feelings on that will be in a later post. I keep putting that off too.)

Anyway, yesterday was the big day! I got all of our stuff out and started putting it up. Trish and Josh came over so Josh (the handyman) could help Justin install a new garbage disposal, and Trish helped me in the yard...or should I say graveyard. haha
Their help was very much appreciated.

Of course it rained last night, or maybe it was this morning...not sure because we slept in...but all the decorations passed the weather test (for now...fingers crossed.) One of my favorite things is the gargoyle on the porch. His eyes open, wings move, and he talks...He is very creepy. :) The girls love all the decor and Justee especially loves the gargoyle. We haven't got our pumpkins yet, so this isn't the completed look. I have a few more things I want to add...Don't tell Justin, he already thinks I'm crazy (He likes it though;)

We had our first cups of cocoa of the season this morning, turned off our air conditioner and sprinkler system. We are ready for the cold weather that lies ahead.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks spooky! Good for you, your girls will always remember your decorations! Enjoy your week with Justin!

Vicki said...

I think it looks great!
This will be our first Halloween in the USA in 4 years so we are excited too...
but it looks like you have us beat.

Lauren said...

Your yard looks awesome! You are a great Mom to decorate so much! We still have our A/C on here since it's 90! :)

KrIStiN said...

I love the decorations!!! Your house looks so fun!! :)

nina said...

Your yard looks awesome. I bet the trick or treaters will love coming to your house!

Michelle Thompson said...

We had ours all decorated and then the wind came up this weekend and blew some of our stuff away and down and all our copwebs got ruined. What a bummer!