Friday, October 17, 2008

Let's make this quick

I really wanted to get some of what has happened over the past couple of days down, before lots more happens tomorrow. I'm going to make this quick because I want to just go relax with my husband on his last night home for awhile.







Last night Justin and I went out to dinner, and when we came home we found flags lining both sides of the street to our house and around the front of our driveway. We have no idea who did this, but it was a very thoughtful gesture. It really made us feel good.






Today there was a farewell ceremony in Cheyenne and I got to go for a ride in a Black Hawk. This was a first for me and it was very cool. It was really relaxing to hear the voices over the radio and see the shadows flickering from the rotor's spinning.

loading up...


off we go... coming home...


We listened to the Governor speak and Justin and I and his sister Samantha got interviewed by the local CBS station (VERY embarrassing.)


Now we are home and Justin is going to give the girls and I blessings and we are going to soak up as much of him as possible before we have to take him back to Cheyenne at 6 in the morning.



5 comments:

Abbey Chase said...

You guys are in our prayers! Please know how grateful we are for you willingness to serve our country and protect our future. I know it isn't much consolation, but we are grateful! Call if you need anything, night or day. We love you guys!

Stacey said...

Please know how thankful we are for Justin to be serving our country. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take comfort in your faith.

Vicki said...

That is so cool that someone put flags out. Very thoughtful. I'm glad we got to talk to Justin tonight...
Love you guys

Brook said...

Hey Teri,
Hang in there. I am so grateful that there are people like Justin who serve our country, and wives who support them. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jamie said...

Hey Teri, I also noticed the flags and was touched as well. I for one am grateful for what you are doing to keep this country free and safe. Please call me if you ever need anything at all.