Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nice Weather

We had wonderful weather yesterday, and it was great to get outside and do a little yard work and play. Justin mowed the lawn that is starting to look green, and I picked up the garbage that isn't ours, but blows into our yard. After the work was done, we played a little baseball. Sydnee gets pitches thrown to her and Charlee hit off the tee. Sydnee smashed a ball and it went clear over the fence into a neighbor's yard. We are working with her on catching a ball with her mitt the right way...Poor girl, between Justin and I, she gets all the coaching she can handle. Justin and I have different styles of doing things; I want to make sure she has proper form and does things the right way even if it means she misses. Justin lets more of the form go and would rather see her hit or catch the ball. I'm not sure which way is better for a 5 year old, but I think it is great that Justin spends time teaching his little girls things that some parents save for their boys. I've never been a fan of the saying "She's all girl" or "He's all boy." I'm proud that I have daughters that really are "all" girl (no intersex here) and enjoy doing things that are labeled as boy things.

*BTW* The massive hole in our tramp is from our meat head dog Dozer. He jumps up and bites at the girls' feet. Last summer he got a small hole started and this is what the hole looks like now. He won't leave it alone. What a stupid dog!


Sydnee just finished up another round of gymnastics and has been moved into the advanced beginner class! This is great because kids are supposed to be 7 to be in this class but with her teacher's level recommendation, she gets to be in it at 5 years old.

I went upstairs to get some laundry and when I came back down, this is what I found...




Justee on the counter eating the scrap pieces of Charlee's birthday cake. Charlee had moved a chair over so she could watch me cut up some grapefruit earlier and I never moved it back to the table. It is amazing what kids can get into in such a short amount of time. I refuse to believe that stuff like this makes me a bad parent (giving myself a little pep talk.) Maybe that is because she didn't fall or get hurt or anything. If she would have fallen, would that change anything? Would that make me a worse parent for not keeping a closer eye on her?

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeah we've had nice weather too! It was 97 here yesterday! We totally went swimming. So fun and I'm glad to get a tan. I can't believe how big the hole is in your trampoline! That is crazy...no you're not a bad mom for leaving the chair there. Taggart has now figured out that if he pushes the chair, he can get whatever he wants... :)