Friday, April 11, 2008

Too Much TV???

I don't think I have ever had a hard time admitting that I watch far too much TV. I remember clear back in like 1st grade when my best friend Nici asked a question and I knew the answer because "I saw it on TV." She then informed me that I "watch way too much television." Now-a-days nothing has changed. I think our TV is on a good 16 hours a day. Having a DVR only encourages the problem (I LOVE DVR!) We record all of our shows and then watch them commercial-free. It makes the viewing time shorter, but allows us to watch multiple shows instead of having to pick one. We watch mostly reality shows, I am a reality tv addict. OK...Now for the list of shows...ready?
Survivor, American Idol (I like Brooke White she reminds me of Dana Fowler, love David Archuletta except for the lip-licking thing he does, and I think David Cook is great), Big Brother (this is a great season!), Top Chef (I wish I could try the food they make but I probably wouldn't like it), America's Next Top Model (I watch this one alone most of the time), MTV's RW/RR The Gauntlet (it's over now), Hell's Kitchen (Loved Kitchen Nightmares when it was on too), Pussycat Dolls/Girlicious (this one I always watch alone because Justin won't watch it), My Name is Earl, ER, all of the CSI's (my favorite is Las Vegas), on occasion I watch House (Justin doesn't like it),...hmmm I feel like I am forgetting something...Biggest Loser (I'm ready for a woman to win this year), Deal or No Deal (I sent in a video trying to get my mom on the show. A hard-working lunch lady deserves to win some money don't you think?hehehe), Don't Forget the Lyrics, Duel (I'm excited that it is back on again..I could so win that show ;), Wheel of Furtune (I could win on it too), Judge Judy (I love that lady and I only disagree with her once in a great while), in the mornings I watch the Price is Right (I miss Bob Barker)and the Young and the Restless (it is the only soap I have ever watched and my sister got me hooked about 2 years ago), I have been known to watch some of VH1's reality shows but not religiously. Here are some shows that I watch when they are on...I am very much looking forward to them coming on again: Desperate Housewives (these people have horrible values, it's a guilty pleasure), Grey's Annatomy (again no morals, I love it!.. not the no-morals, love the show), 24, So You Think You Can Dance (love this show as much as American Idol), Project Runway (who wears stuff like that?), and I can't leave out all of my Food Network, TLC and HGTV shows, the thing that is great about them is that there is always something on those stations if I can't find something else on..."When is that?!" I know I probably left something out, but I should just stop watching it if I did. I said I watch too much TV, but we record them and watch most of them when the kids have gone to bed. The best thing to record are sports! The games go by much much faster when you don't have to watch every timeout and commercial break. I feel like because I'm a stay-at-home mom, I need some type of connection to the outside world; and television provides me with that.
Oops...I forgot Beauty and the Geek (where do they find these people?), The Bachelor, and The Amazing Race...and Big Bang Theory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teri,
You need a new hobby... it would be better if you were learning something from some of that crap ;)
Just think how much smarter you'd be than you already are if you watched the history channel or the biography channel instead...
I guess reality shows make you smarter... more of a smart-alec anyway... and I think you are already good to go in that category.

Love ya :) Vic

nina said...

Whoa! I thought I was hooked on to many shows. You just made me feel better ;) Just teasing.