Friday, April 18, 2008

Bureau Battle

Sydnee and Charlee needed new dressers. They have very cheap tiny ones that are falling apart and don't close without some major adjusting. Yesterday we went to American Furniture Warehouse to look for some new dressers. After looking at all these really cute bedroom sets with nice "real" dressers, we decided to wait...We are going to finish our basement when Justin returns from Afghanistan and put Sydnee's room downstairs. So, we thought it would be best to wait until then and we can pick out a whole bedroom set for her then...As for now, we still need new dressers for them. We just got two upgraded cheap dressers. They are much nicer than the ones we have now, but are still the kind you have to put together yourself.
The race begins...
Justin and I decided that since there were 2 dressers and 2 of us, that we would each put one together and see who could finish first. It was an intense, close race with Justin in a very slight lead (just finishing the nob on the drawer right before me). We were about halfway done when I realized I was fighting a losing battle. We have two drills, one cordless and one corded. Who do you think got the cordless? Yep, I did. Justin was no gentleman and took the more powerful tool without a battery that would die. Dang it! I know I could have tasted victory. As a true competitor I powered on, pretty much screwing by hand. Needless to say Justin finished first and then used his drill to finish mine (the last 8 screws is all I had left.) I refuse to admit defeat, it was not a fair battle. I'm just glad that we got them done so I don't have to hear Sydnee and Charlee yelling that they can't shut their drawers.

The war zone and the finished product:

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Ah Teri, you should have won! we all know you are more handy... I definitely would have beat Jake :)