Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Charlee's 3rd Birthday

Charlee turned 3 years old yesterday! She had a great birthday and had a lot of fun. She told me last week that she wanted a Dora cake and then it switched to Boots, later she informed me that she wanted Backpack. I was happy with that because Backpack seemed a little easier. After looking at some coloring pages for the design of the cake we found one that would work great. Charlee was very happy that Map was included. I just blew up the coloring page and cut it out for the outline of the cake. It took a while to frost, but I think it turned out pretty good. The cake really was purple like Backpack is supposed to be, but the pictures make it look kind of blue. We blew up a bunch of balloons and Sydnee decorated with them. She put them in the window and the curtains held them there. It looked pretty cool. Charlee got a Diego ball from Justee, a Garden Girlz Meadow Mansion from Sydnee (you can plant real grass and flowers in it), an outdoor table and chairs from the fam, a baby Elmo from her dad and me, a Dora CD from Gma and Gpa Durtsche, a Love Dollar from Great Gma and Gpa Putnam, and Gma and Gpa Hyde have something for her too. She is very happy with her presents, but I think Elmo is her favorite. She is obsessed with bottles and anything that she can give a bottle to she loves. The Nicholls came over for cake and ice cream and her nursery leader stopped by with a card.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Um...do you think you could make Grace's 5th birthday cake in July and send it to me? Nice job! You are way crafty! Seriously it's adorable! I love Syd's decorating and Charlee looks so cute!

Jill Asay said...

You make the cutest cakes...I don't know how you do it! Way to go!I tried to make a tractor cake for Carson's b-day and it stressed me out and I even had a mold! P.S. I'm secretly hoping for a girl too...but I surely wouldn't turn down another little boy!!:)

Ranee` said...

I am so seriously impressed with that cake. The best I've done is basketballs...pretty easy! Wow, that's totally awesome.

Carola said...

Test run.