Friday, April 11, 2008

Dinner and Hearts

I just wrote a really long post, but I wanted to post about our last couple of days. My parents were supposed to come down for the Rockies/ Braves game yesterday. They were going to be here on Wed. night, but they got snowed in in Laramie. My mom had gone to her sister Keri's son's funeral with my sisters, (It would have been nice if I could have gone too, but I just couldn't make it. I'm glad that they all could go.) After my dad met up with my mom mid-trip, they couldn't beat the snow. The roads were finally opened on Thurs. morn. and they headed down. Too bad the game was postponed until June 16th. Dang it, but it would have been a cold game to sit through. So instead of the game, we went to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, it was really great; and then we played some Hearts. I unfortunately made several horrible mistakes that cost me the game, so I was the big loser. :( My parents left this morning before I was up, they are heading to Utah to get Mark and go to a Jazz game, so they didn't get to stay long. They don't get to visit that often, but I really like it when they do.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yucky about the snow, but I'm glad that you got to see your parents. It's always fun to have them see and spoil your kids. I watch way too much TV, too. I love American Idol, The Office, ER, and SO MANY of the same ones that you like! We would be all sorts of trouble together... I love DVR. It's nice to record stuff for later. :)

Julie "Durtsche" Blakesley said...

As the oldest living Durtsche, Granddaughter, I will be writing about the Durtsche's life in Lovell, WY. To include, memories of both the Medicine Wheel Bar and 4 Corners Bar, et al.

My memories are very clear and unlike my grandmothers who are no longer I will be documenting the events and love that did occur back in the 1970's and 80's.

With Love,

Julie "Durtsche" Blakesley