Saturday, September 6, 2008

Souper Saturday


The Enrichment activity today was 'Souper Saturday.' We made crafts and ate soup. I signed up to do "I Spy Bags." They are those fun bean bags with items in them that kids can try to find. The girls had fun this past week picking out their fabric and fun items to go inside their bags. It was suggested that we make a list of all the items that we were putting in the bags. I thought about that and I decided that since my girls can't read, a written list wouldn't be that helpful, so I took a picture of all the items and attached the pic to the bag. The bags aren't perfect, but I think they passed the test because my girls seem to love them anyway.

Right after I took this pic, my camera batt. died so I didn't get to try to make Justee look up for another pic.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my goodness, Teri! You're a lifesaver. I decided I want to make these "I Spy" bags for my nursery kids but wasn't sure how to do the tags. A picture of each thing is a perfect idea for kids who can't read. Thanks for being so creative.

Kara said...

I forgot to ask. What did you use for the filling? Is that baby doll stuffing? And what fabric did you use?

Jamie said...

Very cute Teri!

Jem said...

Those bags are great! They can hold my attention all through sunday school =)

Kristin said...

Oh cute! I saw one of those at church that had one object for every letter of the alphabet...very clever. I keep meaning to make them for my boys, it's on that long list of crafts to make.

ozzmom said...

How do you make those bags please let me know. I have seen them a lot and really want to make some.Thanks