Sunday, September 14, 2008

Justin's Birthday

Justin got home on Fri. at about 5 pm and the girls were so excited to celebrate his day-late birthday. Sydnee really wanted to hide, jump out and yell surprise and spray him with silly string when he walked through the door. She was really worried that he would get home before her. If that was the case she wanted me to make him wait outside until she got home. Luckily she got home first and he didn't have to stay outside. ;)
We blew up tons of balloons and Sydnee and Charlee hid in the closet when he was walking to the door. They did everything as planned and had a lot of fun.

After things settled down a bit, Justin opened his presents and we ate cake. I had a hard time deciding what kind of cake to make Justin. I have made him different things like a Broncos head, a football, a helicopter, and I couldn't think what to do this year. Then I thought about the fact that he has been loving mint chocolate chip ice cream lately, and I decided that was what I would do; make him a mint chocolate cake. I made a chocolate cake and added a few Andes mints to the batter and a little mint flavoring to butter cream frosting. I topped it off with Andes mints and a little caramel. It turned out to be a very yummy cake.
As for his presents, he got a Nikon Coolpix camera so he has one to take to Afghanistan, I made him a little scrapbook so he had pics of the fam to take as well, and the girls picked out some Red Vines because those are daddy's favorite.

It was a team effort to get all 32 candles on the cake......and to get all 32 back off of the cake.I had to include the following videos in this post. All day I slowly blew up all of these balloons and Dozer was confined to his kennel because he becomes a dog of mass destruction when he sees a balloon. Dozer's theory must be: the only good balloon is a popped balloon. Dozer was chomping at the bit to get out and get a hold of all of these balloons, so I thought it would be fun to set him loose on them when the party was over. I think having so many balloons to choose from confused him; he just wasn't sure which one to pop first. ...Justee didn't enjoy herself as much as the rest of us.

Dozer is obviously winded in the 2nd video and we decided we better make him take a break...we didn't want the fat, out-of-shape pig to die of exhaustion. So we let Syd and Char pop the remaining balloons. Of course they made a competition out of it to see who could pop the most. I had just taken a pic with the camera turned and then thought I wanted some video, so I just used my digital and didn't turn it back. That is my excuse for being so stupid and taking the video sideways.; )

We all had a great time celebrating Justin's bday (even Dozer) and I hope Justin had a great one.

1 comments:

Bob & Dani said...

Happy Birthday Justin! Bob was surprised that Justin turned 32;)! The cake looks really good, Teri! So, Justin has to go to Afghanistan? That doesn't sound good.