Monday, June 29, 2009

races, parade, and other hometown fun

Spending the last 5 days celebrating Mustang Days sure sped time up. I can't believe it is already June 29th. Justin will be here in 2-3 days (still not sure when he will actually land in the U.S.) WOW!


This is the Sat. morning view of my parents' "backyard." I thought the fog was pretty:
Saturday was a big day for us. Charlee ran in her first 1 mile race. She got to run with her grandma (my mom.) How neat is that? How many kids get to run in races with their grandma's? Charlee did a great job and ran the entire way. Her finishing time was 10mins 22secs....not bad for a 4 year old. :)
Sydnee ran her first 5K. I was planning on putting her in the mile with Char and my mom, and running the 5k by myself, but Syd insisted that the mile was too easy for her and she wanted to run with me. I finally agreed to run the 5K with her, and I am so glad I did. It was fun getting to watch her power through and do such a great job. My nieces Teisha and Tianna decided to run with us too. It was a lot of fun to run with them...I think it helped Syd stay motivated to run hard the whole time. Sydnee won her age group of 10 and under with a time of 29.01 mins.

Almost there: Crossing the finish line with Tianna:
Teisha, after the race:
(Race photos were taken by my Bro-in-law Jayson. He also kept Justee while we ran. Thank you so much Jayson!!!)
After the races we went to the parade. The girls and Burtons are watching as the parade gets closer:

I got to play in the vball tourney as well. I had a lot of fun playing with Teisha, Sami, Pat, Morgan, Jamie, Dax, and Christopher. (I just wanted to list everyone who played for memories sake.) We didn't win a whole lot, but we had fun and that is what counts, right? ;)
Then on Sat. night we went out to the lake to watch the fireworks. Justee was funny because she insisted on hiding her head under the blanket. When I kept pulling it down to make her look, she ran to sit with Grandma. At about half-way through the show, she started peeking her eyes out from under the blanket. By the end of the show she was enjoying them along with everyone else. We had a long walk back to our car, and Justee kept saying, "Awtome sky, mommy. Awtome sky."

It was fun to see family and friends, and the time flew by...now it is time to get things ready for Justin's arrival.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I hope that you get everything done. I'm happy for you!

Lindsay said...

It was fun seeing you, you look great! Have fun with your man and girls, yay!

Vicki said...

Way to go Syd! That is awesome... and I am glad there is a pic of Char with grandma... too bad there wasn't a running one --- I'd like to see the expression Char has on her face while she runs.

Stacey said...

Good for your girls, running the races! That is awesome! I am glad you had some diversion for the last days, it would have gone slower...have a great time with Justin. Take care~

Jem said...

Proud of you and your girlies! I love the pic at your parents. Gorgeous.

Brook said...

Way to go Sydnee!!! That is awewosme! looks like you had a lot of fun. Charlee did great too! Looks like you got some natural runners:)