Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Flashback...mini league

I was excited to get to post about Sydnee's first baseball (coach pitch) game, but last night her game got rained out. She was really bummed that they didn't get to play...I was too, because getting all the girls ready and packing all our stuff to our spot is a lot of work, and it turned out to be for nothing.

In keeping with the baseball theme, I decided to do a flashback of me and my first experience with coach pitch baseball...I believe it was called mini league and little league was what followed. I never played little league because I moved up to fast pitch softball. I LOVED softball. I remember when we moved when I was going into 7th grade, I was most upset about the fact that my new town wouldn't have softball. Anyway, I played tball for one year that I can recall (I was on the silver team,) and mini league for 2 years (one year we were the scarlet team and the other year we were the red team....important facts people.) Of those 3 years, I can only find pictures of my first year of mini league.

Here are the few things I remember about this team:
~The 2 boys on the left (front and back row) were twins...looked exactly the same except one was right-handed and the other left, and one had green eyes and one had blue.
~I really liked my coaches
~I had a bit of a crush on the coaches' son...he is the second one in the back row.
~I obviously didn't know how to wear a hat.
~I played right field one game, and my brother Rob teased me the whole way home...he kept telling me that the worst players played in right field.
I don't remember being aware that I was the biggest kid on the team. sheesh
I have pictures of my softball years, but I think I'll save them for another time.
We had a fun, busy day today, and I plan on posting all about it tomorrow or Sun.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

How cute were you?? I am sure you were disappointed for the game to be cancelled. Will Justin get to see any of her games? Great post, Teri!!

Vicki said...

What happened to the pic after you chopped your hair? I was sure there was a baseball one like that. I never knew you loved softball so much... I always played, but more for something to do... not bc I really liked it.

Dana said...

Teri I am laughing my head off right now. I had to catch up on your last few posts since I never get on here, and they are great! Just so you know, I stopped at a red light the other day, looked both ways, and went...it was still red. LOL So yeah. Anyway, love you and Justin's anniversary pics. You guys look so young! And I LOVE how you're wearing your hat. :)

Emily Asay said...

i love your friday flashbacks. ps stetson is in sienna's swimming class and justin's mom is so cute with her--she has to get in the water with her sometimes because she cries. waht a great grandma she is!!