Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Flashback...FLEX!

Let me start by saying that this might be the funniest thing I will ever post. I cannot stop laughing....oh my heck!


My wonderful husband has come a looooooong way since he met me...I like to take credit ;)...Who would have ever guessed that the boy in these pictures would grow into the man that he is today: a caring father, a giving husband, a priesthood holder, a successful provider, a helicopter pilot, and as of yesterday...a Captain in the U.S. Army (he finally got his federal recognition, so if you send him any mail, you now should address it to CPT Durtsche. :) Of course those aren't all the things that define him, but at this time they are the most significant.

These are some pictures Justin sent to me while we were dating when he was gone to boot camp in early 1999 (I think)...unlike this current separation, I couldn't last that length of time in a long distance relationship...I broke up with Justin, while he was gone, over the phone (with my dad standing by to make sure I did it. hahaha)

I was worried that Justin might be a little embarrassed by these pics, but then I realized that I am probably more embarrassed than he....Take a look and see why:

7 comments:

Vicki said...

I think it is HILARIOUS that Justin sent you all half naked pictures of him flexing to you while you were dating... Didn't he realize women are more drawn to the uniform...
well -- truth be told--- however funny it may be... he did end up getting the girl... Hope it wasn't all bc of these pictures.

Teri said...

I think it was in spite of these pics, not because of them, that he got the girl. :)

Jem said...

You might need to work on his self-esteem issue. =)

Brenda said...

Those are some serious Man Boobs!

Stacey said...

Hilarious!!! He has come a long way...you can take ALL the credit...behind a good man is a GREAT woman!

Justin said...

Thanks a lot Honey! I never thought those would come out, and you know the only reason you got them don't you. It was 97 and 98 I was gone to boot camp, I can't believe you don't remember that. I thought women were always good with dates, but I guess you really didn't care. It is definitely because of you that I have put on an extra 90 lbs. You are such a great cook!

Teri said...

Justin, I said you were gone to boot camp, but I did mess up the year...oops. You'll have to fill me in on the only reason I got them later...
My cooking has nothing to do with your weight gain...maybe the fact that I don't do much cooking is the reason... :)