Friday, May 29, 2009

Nippos

Charlee and Sydnee were rubbing Dozer's tummy yesterday.
"What is this widdle pink bump on Dodo, mommy?" Chuck asked.
I looked up from the spot on the couch where I'd spent most of my day (the rest of the time was in the bathroom.) I didn't have the energy to explain in a tasteful way, "It's a nipple."
"A nippo!" Char said as she laughed. Then she turned to Sydnee and said, "Sydnee, we have nippos too!" Then she pulled up her shirt and asked, "Aren't these nippos? Right here are nippos, huh?"
Then Sydnee asked me, "Why do dogs have nipples?"
"To feed their babies." I explained.
Upon further inspection Sydnee told me, "Dozer has four nipples mom! Why does he have so many? We only have 2."
"Dogs have lots of babies, so they need more."
This started a whole flood of questions, the kind that you don't feel like answering when you are sick.
"What comes out of dog's nippos?" -C
"Do all animals have nipples?" -S
"Do all animals have milk come out of their nipples?" -S
"I saw a baby horse on Zaboomafoo drinking food from his mom's tummy. Was it drinking milk?" -C
"What are mammals?" -S
"So birds don't have milk because they aren't mammals?" -S
etc. etc. etc.

I was happy when they were finally satisfied with the answers they had been given, and I could stop using even minimal energy.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Hilarious!!! Your posts crack me up!