Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Showing My Maturity

This little incident happened a while back in the Wal-Mart parking lot...

I was walking back to my car with my cart and two little girls who insisted on walking and not riding. We must have been taking up a little too much of the road, because a lady pulled up behind us and honked. I was a little startled and I turned to look at who the idiot was....I mean seriously, she still could have fit around us. The lady didn't make eye contact as she flew by us...she just rolled her eyes and shook her head. Wow...I was amazed...but as she pulled into her parking spot, I was overcome with pure joy. Nice choice, I thought to myself.
Charlee must have noticed the excitement on my face, because she asked what I was smiling about. I just told her I was happy to get to the car...and I was.
We were all settled in our car as this very considerate woman had to walk right in front of us...
As she did...believe it...I honked. When she jumped and looked up at me, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. She just huffed away...and I was proud of myself...I thought I was pretty funny, PLUS...I didn't show her my favorite finger. Now that is saying a lot.
I understand that this isn't Christ-like behavior, but sometimes a person has to let off a little steam. (Doesn't that sound like a good excuse?)

I would expect a young non-mother to be a little more impatient with kids in their way and all that, but this lady had a toddler with her. It isn't like I was trying to be in her way or that I didn't care, I thought she could have gotten around us. Oh well, at least it ended well. :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Your posts always make me smile. Some people are unnerving!

Lauren said...

Wow. That is crazy. I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to honk. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Greg Becky said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a little bit and saw the pictures of your summer with Dana and the girls. You think that you look the same as you did in high school until you see pictures and notice that you are getting older. You guys look so young in those pictures!! Can you believe that next year it will be 10 years that we've been in high school. Crazy!

The Leithead Family said...

So funny! What goes around comes around, huh?? :)