Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sanity Report

I made it through the carnival with my sanity intact (barely.) Sydnee and Charlee were wonderful; they had fun and didn't act upset when they played a game that was obviously too hard for them and didn't win. Justee, on the other hand, was a monster. She wanted to play all the games that her sisters played, only she didn't want to wait in line nor did she want any help...No big deal...I didn't care if bean bags only made it halfway to their targets. What bothered me was when she wanted to play in the bathroom (and screamed when I made her come out) and do somersaults in the hallway filled with people. Then Sydnee insisted on using her last 2 tickets to get her face painted...the line was a mile long...I thought, oh well, it's the last thing we will do and then we will head home...Sydnee made it halfway through the line (about 20 mins) and Justee started yelling, "My butt hurts!" as she ran up and down the hall. She had filled her diaper and wanted it off. ahhh!
I'm thinking I'm about to lose it and it still took Sydnee another 20 mins before she was done...but she was happy, and that's what is important...She picked out this lovely blue flower...why blue?...her words, "Cause Daddy likes blue."
Sydnee won a cake on her first try in the cake walk, and we won a couple prizes in the raffle. So we didn't come home empty handed.

Once we were home, I was very eager to get the girls off to bed. I told the girls to get their jammies on and told Justee to come lay down so I could change her...Apparently she was a little more eager to get her diaper off than I was...She took it off and plopped her butt down on the carpet...I tried to stop the poopy butt from making contact with the carpet but I was just too slow. And because gory details are just so much fun to share...green poo does not come out of carpet easily...luckily I am experienced because yesterday Justee had a leakage problem and her strangely green poo/diarrhea splatted (yes splatted) on the floor. I now have "get carpets shampooed" on my to-do list.

We are almost to the halfway mark of Justin being gone, and I am starting to wonder if I can take another 6 months without him. Luckily I only have 3 months until he gets to come home for 2 weeks of R&R.
I miss him a lot on days like this...the kind that an extra pair of hands would be so helpful with the kids, but I miss him more on the good days...the days that he should be at home, enjoying the fun moments in our girls' lives.

As much as I miss my husband and I miss the father of my children, I miss my best friend the most.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

Great reason for a blue flower...because Justin likes blue! You are a strong woman. sorry about the carpets! Justee will keep you hopping! :)

Brenda said...

Hang in there Teri, it will end.

nina said...

It is so hard waiting for time to tick by. That's how I feel being pregnant too. It's not anything compared to how your feeling, or the patience your having to go through, but it would be nice to just puch a fast forward button during the times we want too, huh?

Emily Asay said...

wow that just about made me cry. i can't believe you're already half way there. it will go by fast!!

Kalli Ko said...

i want to say something stupid and trite like "just be patient!"

but i realize that's just dumb. you're doing awesome. poop on carpet is no easy task.

Abbey Chase said...

You're a champ! I'm sorry you don't have much relief on days like that. You can always call and I'd be happy to help you clean poop off the carpets or anything else that might help... (okay, not necessarily "happy" to clean poop, but "happy" to help!)

I wish you knew what an inspiration you are to the rest of us!

Michelle Thompson said...

Time seems to pass so slowly in a situation like this. I'm sure it isn't easy. The only benefit I have found with being apart is that we love and appreciate each other even more when we finally see each other. I can't imagine a whole year being apart. I think the longest we have been apart is 7 weeks. You are lucky that you are best friends because a lot of married people can't say that.

Niccole said...

I am totally feeling your pain. It seems like time is going by pretty quickly, all the while DRAGGING along. I have to look at it one day at a time. If I start letting my mind spiral with the thought of "6 more months" it is completely overwhelming. But somehow, we manage to keep plugging along, do what we have to do... just get through TODAY. The simple things seem to bog me down - all those "stains" in life that if I don't take care of NO ONE else will - things like picking up after the dog in the yard, getting out the ladder to change a lightbulb, cleaning the GUM out of the shower that was left there by a little boy who knows better than to chew gum in the shower!! Hang in there, sister. You are not alone. We can do this! Take care~

Vicki said...

Oh How I love Justee :)
Wish we were closer

Brook said...

Wow Teri, I don't know how you do it! You're so strong! And a great mom. That's awesome that your almost half way there. Hang in there:)

Justin said...

Sounds like a rough day woman. I wish I could have been there too. I cant wait for July to be here. I would switch this for poo cleaning anytime. She should be all done with that by the time I get home though ;) I miss my best friend too! Lots of Love!