Monday, April 27, 2009

Bedtime Stories with Daddy

Before Justin left, I videoed him reading stories to the girls. I finally finished the disc today and let the girls watch it tonight...I know, I am terrible for taking 6 months to do this, but maybe the girls got more joy out of it by waiting for it longer...? They seriously LOVED every min of it. They were all glued to it, and watched it 3 times before I told them to shut off their tv and go to bed. Justee saw a little bit of it on the computer while I was writing the disc...she cried and threw a fit when I shut it off. She was beyond thrilled and kept shrieking, "Daddy! It Daddy! Hi Daddy!" and of course she would throw in, "That me! That me, Mommy!"

Chuck's first reaction was to tell me that she wished Daddy was home... "RIGHT NOW, and that is because I miss him."
Sydnee laughed through a lot of it and said, "I am so glad we got to watch this tonight. Thank you mom."

10 comments:

Stacey said...

How great. Their little faces are filled with pure joy and happiness. What a wonderful post. You are such a fantastic source of strength for the girls. You are an inspiration!

Tracy said...

LOVE the expressions on your girls' faces!! Priceless!! What an excellent idea!! Good Job, MOM!!

nina said...

Sydney's little face in the top picture is so sweet it makes me want to cry. What a good idea!

Kara said...

What a good idea. I love the looks on their faces. Very sweet! I'll have to admit, I got a little choked up, but we'll just blame it on the hormones.

ozzmom said...

I also got choked up that is so awesome. It looks like it was worth the wait.

Lindsay said...

Wow Teri, those pics. are priceless. What a great idea:)I got all teary-eyed just looking at them, so sweet.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love it!! What a great idea. I'm sure they will want to watch it every night;)
What little sweethearts you have.

Jill Asay said...

What a great idea! You are such a great mom! I'm sure your girls will watch the video over and over again!

Justin said...

Thank You Baby!

Vicki said...

I love it! So glad you got it done now, instead of a few weeks before he gets back ;)