Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hi-yaw....or whatever

Sydnee and Charlee had their first day of Tae Kwon Do today. I went back and forth on whether or not I would sign them up, but I think it will be worth the money...I hope so anyway ;).

One of the huge selling points for this program is the respect aspect...The instructors make a huge point about the kids doing their best in all aspects of life. The girls have been saying "Yes Mom!" for the past week when I ask them to do something...ever since their first visit to the class.
Here is a small example of what is expected of them: (any outside help with teaching my kids good habits and how to behave respectfully is welcomed by me :)
The girls have not yet received a belt...they have to recite this next time in order to earn their first belt:
There are lots of ways the kids are expected to bring what they learn into everyday life, and they get to earn stripes on their belts when they excel in school and help in the home.
I didn't get a lot of pics of Sydnee because her group was farther away and too many people were in the way.

Here is Char doing her bow at the beginning of class
It was so cute watching all the kids do their moves and yell out "Yes Ma'am!" and "Yes Sir!"
Charlee is so shy that it took a while for her to get brave enough to really say anything. She kept trying to make sure Sydnee was saying it before she dared say it, and her "Yes Ma'am!" always came out, "Es man!" She did a very good job of listening and paying attention. The funny thing was that the male instructor had a sling on his arm, so when he would try to show her how to do something, she would want to hold her same arm up like him...it was so funny to watch.




Syd is in the background of this next pic. She did really well too. She really got into it and it didn't look like it was her first day at all.
Here are the lean, mean, fightin machines...doing a couple moves they learned.


I loved watching every second of their class...I think I had a smile on my face the whole time. They loved it too and they can't wait to take their Dad to class. :)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Some tough and sweet girls you have, Teri! I love that they are respectful after the 1st class! Great photos, too.

Vicki said...

So cute! I love Char's expression in that last picture. Sounds like it will be worth it.

Greg Becky said...

Cute! Looks like a lot of fun! I like Char in the last pic, it reminds me of Kenadee.

Lindsay said...

Nice, where do we sign up:) My boys would go crazy, how fun!!

Jill Asay said...

The last picture is so cute! What a great idea for your girls