Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Flashback...HSI

UW Summer High School Institute...Good times.
This is dedicated to my dear friends Dana, Kalli and Chelsea. hehehe

The summer between my sophomore and junior year of high school, I went with Dana down to this fun little 2 week program at the University Of Wyoming. I met my roommate, Chelsea, and was very excited to see that we would be getting along great. It didn't take Kalli long to figure out who the "cool" kids were, and we quickly became a tight knit foursome.

We had the best time, and in the 2 weeks we spent together I don't remember ever having any fights or drama (at least not between us....drama involving boys was always lingering.)

Here are the fabulous 4 at a Rockies game: (Left to Right: Kalli, Chelsea, Dana, and I)

Why was Adam always hanging around? ;)


We were pretty big dorks...we all bought these velvety boxer shorts and had to show them off...I totally forgot about them until I saw this pic.
At one point Kalli came up with a plan for the talent show...We were going to lip sink to the Spice girls. We would each take on the identity of a Spice girl and put on a great show...I can still see your famous opening jump kick Kalli. It was breathtaking. :)

Too bad we didn't have the motivation to actually plan out our routine, so we never did get to become a Spice girl. :(

Of course I saved the best for last...the goodbye picture.

Dana, you and I never cried...do we not have hearts? Look how devastated Chelsea and Kalli were to be separated from us. ;)

And.... I came across this wonderful letter while looking through old pics. I just couldn't resist putting it on here. A little background on the letter: I worked up at a ranch with my sister in the summers; my summer had ended and I went back home while Vicki remained working at the ranch. I laughed my face off when I read it, and I know Vicki will too (no one else will appreciate it like we do.)


I think it is just magical.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your post! Cut. I imagine Dana is happy you showed all the photos too! It is fun to look back!

ozzmom said...

Love the pics finally got to see your hair curly. You suck I can't beleive you guys have not been sick we have been sick at least once or twice a month if not more I am so stuffy right now I can't even breath out my nose.

Kalli Ko said...

oh my gosh i am going to murder you

i look like a transvestite

thanks

thanks a lot teri


HIGH SCHOOL WAS NOT GOOD TO ME OKAY PEOPLE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are awesome.. you look like you are 13...
Also - I can't believe you kept that letter... or that I wrote it -- at least I didn't always be mean and beat you up... sounds like I was nice to you sometimes too :) I owe you now -- I'll have to see what I can scrounge up.

Vicki said...

Dang it! I hate when I don't notice that I am signed in as Jake -- Urgh!

Teri said...

Hahaha I Love it Kalli!
and you do not look like a trasnvestite.

I have more glorious pics...ones that are way more terrifying of all of us (well maybe not of Chelsea, she never looked as bad as us, dang her) so just be thankful I didn't post those.

Oh...and you are very welcome. Hee

Justin said...

I seem to remember three guys in Lovell wondering why Adam was always around too? You looked so young in those pics, how funny. Great flashback I hope your friends enjoy it.

Kalli Ko said...

seriously

i look like a dude, you guys look great. and chelsea man, that girl had it going on. who looks like that at 15?

and my eyebrows would give bert from sesame street a run for his money.

did i ever tell you that i used to run into adam at BYU all the time?

Jaime said...

Hey Terri! Did you know Kalli Keisel is my cousin? That's great you guys became such good friends. She is married now and has a little boy.
Jaime Luna

Dana said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! I am laughing so hard right now. Serioulsy. Those pics are great. We had so much fun. We totally should have done the lip-sync to the Spice Girls!!! And Kalli, you totally do not look like a dude. I must say we are all much cuter now...which means Chelsea is probably a supermodel. Dang her. LOL