Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


I was very happy to hear that my parents would be joining us for Easter this year. Sydnee didn't get any time out of school, so traveling wasn't an option for us. The girls were so excited about Grandpa and Grandma coming that when the time came for their arrival, they insisted on waiting outside until they pulled up.

We had a great time with them, even if we spent all day Sat. shopping. Saturday evening my mom and dad went to the furniture store to pick up all of their stuff...and the girls and I got the egg coloring going. Justee was so excited once she saw the eggs turn pretty colors...she would drop an egg in and then immediately ask, "Can I take it out? Peas mom?" I would tell her to leave it in for a minute and she would say ok, but then right away she would ask to take it out again. She did a great job of not making a mess.Charlee, on the other hand, has always been our little slob. She tends to be the messiest and clumsiest. She had brightly colored hands and the floor under her needed wiped up. She loved every minute of it though. :)


Sydnee was very helpful and thoughtful with her sisters. She didn't get greedy and try to hog all the eggs...she willingly let her sisters color lots of eggs.

Here is Sydnee making a beautiful egg for her dad. I think it turned out great.
The hard-boiled eggs went fast, but the girls wanted to color more....So, we got out the carton of raw eggs and the girls put one in every color and let them sit for a long time.
When Grandma got back from picking up furniture, she helped finish up the last of the eggs.


The hard-boiled eggs:
The raw eggs:
On Easter morning the girls got up at about 7:30 and were ready to check their baskets and hunt eggs.
Sydnee found the first money egg! (She found the big $10 egg too.) Char and Justee each found a money egg too.
Justee really loves her Grandpa, she was excited to show him her bunny and everything else she found.Emptying all the eggs into the candy bowl...looks like plenty of candy:
Unfortunately, my parents had to head home right after the egg hunt...They had a long drive, while pulling a horse trailer full of stuff, ahead of them. We are so glad that they got to come spend a little time with us. I love Easter pictures and I wanted to take some outside, but of course it was raining and cold outside...After rushing to get ready for church, we didn't have much time anyway so it didn't matter that I didn't feel like doing anything exciting or wrestling the girls to pose all cute for me....I just had to snap some quick ones. It is hard enough to get them all to look at the camera at the same time, let alone smile at the same time (and do it in under 3 mins. ;)

I think Charlee and Justee were saying "Happy Easter!" in this one:

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Your girls are beautiful. I know I've said it before, but as each of them get older they continue to get cuter and cuter! You are a wonderful mom. i'm sure Justin loves seeing all the pix of the girls-even though he'd rather be here in person sharing Easter with all of you. Thanks for being blog inspiring and BLOGawesome!! LOL

Vicki said...

Cute spring dresses! Glad mom and dad could be there with you :)

Justin said...

Great pics babe! I still can't believe there was no traditional first Broncos egg colored. Oh well, if I was there I would have made it. I hope Easter went well, it looks and sounds like it did. I Love You lots.

Stacey said...

Your girls look precious in their dresses! Glad your parents got to be with you. No one wanted to color eggs here this year, the 1st year I did not do it. :(

ozzmom said...

Love the dresses Syd is getting so tall and Justee is so grown up next time you come I want to see them Glad you had a good easter. I am going to have to make a trip there to go to the Carter store and buy clothes for mr chunk cause he doesn't fit into Ozz's clothes they are out of season.

Michelle Thompson said...

I love the girls Easter dresses. I miss those days of buying dresses and fixing my girls all up. They look so cute. Glad your parents where able to spend the weekend with you. I'm sure it meant a lot.